Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

G15 Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sniper47

Sniper47

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hello
I ve just bought a new keyboard (LOGITECH G15-the orange one).I have a serious problem with detecting it.When booting up my PC.I get an error(no keyboard found,or something like that).So I have to plug in my old keyboard(PS2) to access Windows(XP SP3).After installing the G15,I thought the problem is solved,but after restart I am getting stuck.I have enabled USB keyboard in BIOS.All USB things are enabled.I was trying to google the problem and foud out,that I need "ENABLE the Legacy USB".But I cant find that one in my BIOS.I was also looking forward to update my BIOS.I am still using the old one 1.2(latest is 1.4) .I am afraid to do that, and still,I ve read about the updates for my BIOS-but no USB support was mentioned.I ve checked all USB ports and they are all OK.I ve tryied to plug the keyboard to different port...nothing.
Thank You

PS:Sorry for my bad English

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

What is the make and model number of your computer or motherboard?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Sniper47

Sniper47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

What is the make and model number of your computer or motherboard?

I am using MSI 975X Platinum Edition (not Power-up edition) with BIOS v1.2
The keyboard is functional in Windows,everything works fine,only the boot sequence(cant access BIOS with it)-its not detected by BIOS,so it cant work in DOS aplications.

My RIG is mentioned in my profile,so You can check my parameters.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Is it plugged into a hub or the the main connection on the I/O header on the back of the computer?
Is the date and time correct? Possible failing motherboard battery. Have you removed the battery or jumper to restore default settings?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Sniper47

Sniper47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Is it plugged into a hub or the the main connection on the I/O header on the back of the computer?
Is the date and time correct? Possible failing motherboard battery. Have you removed the battery or jumper to restore default settings?

I ve tried all USB(front/rear),with/without hub,nothing happend. Right now,I ve upgraded my BIOS to latest version 1.4 but nothing new.It seens,that I am missing my 5volts for boot(no button on my MOBO).Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users