Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saying hi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hateca

Hateca

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

Just dropped in to say hi. I might have a problem but going through some steps that I learned here. I will let you all know how it turns out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

If you cannot solve the problem on your own, please don't hesitate to post about it. Sometimes another set of eyes can solve the problem more quickly.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Hateca

Hateca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Thanks guys. This message forum saved my butt.

I got all kinds of crap all at once on my Dell desktop yesterday that caused all kinds of havoc, blocking PC-cillin virus program, shutting down Windows update, allocating the computer resources so nothing would run, it even blocked this web address.

After doing some research and a lot of reading here I downloaded Malwarebytes, ATF, and SAS and followed previously listed instructions and cleaned it up and now it's working better then new. I can't believe all the crap those three little programs found.

One thing I did find was the infection turned off the Windows update and even when the computer was clean it still was off. I found that the infection wasn't blocking update it turned it off. I went to Microsoft website and followed their instruction to turn it back on. I don't want to post how it was done( Maybe they already have) to respect the moderators but maybe one of them can give the instructions on how this is done to better help those that think its still being block when it's just simply turned off.

Thanks again guys. I know I will be checking back again just to stay up on things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users