Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus worries

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 onionizer

onionizer

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

Hi,
I need some help, I keep getting this banner coning up whenever I start my PC
'system dll user 32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.'
I can't open video files using VLC media player and I get the same banner when I try to. And now the antivirus program AVG will not run and I get the same banner when I try to manually run the program.
Thanks for any help

Edited by onionizer, 03 January 2009 - 07:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:20 AM

You will need to run system file checker.

Put your XP CD in the drive. Then click start then run, and in the address box type cmd then click OK. At the command window type:
sfc /scannow then hit enter.

Windows checks to see if any critical files are damaged. If so, SFC will replace them.

If you have any issues or get prompted to insert the XP Pro CD then go HERE or PM me.

#3 onionizer

onionizer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for that,
So I put XP CD in ran the scannow , but I still have the problem,
Any other suggestions?

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

I have revised the solution.

It said you had a problem with shell32.dll. This is an appearance DLL for most Windows program files. This problem cannot be fixed safely without a Trusted Installer. Also, with the appearance of user32.dll in the error also leads me to believe that a user of the computer has made a change to it, or a software that wasn't programmed properly may have moved it. VLC Media Player has a known issue to be programmed improperly. It should have been programmed to be more user-friendly. If you would like advanced support for VLC Media Player, go here.

You will now have to do a Windows XP Repair.

#5 onionizer

onionizer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:06 AM

Thanks once more for that, I do appreciate yr help, however I also googled the banner and found the problem, it was Crystal XP that was causing it. So I simply uninstalled it. Job done. Tho I don't understand what the problem was it is indeed fixed.
Thanks for yr help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users