Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting router signal but cannot connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ohgrx

ohgrx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

I have three computers connected to a wireless network via linksys router wrt54gs ver 6. My laptop computer works just fine as well as my other desktop computer, however one of the desktop computers cannot connect to the internet.

I am receiving a good signal from the router, but cannot connect to the internet. Occasionally I receive an error message that states : Exception GIFException in module aviWMP54GSv1_1.dll at 00024F6F.

I have removed the drivers and reinstalled them from the Linksys product disk, with no success.

This problem started one day while surfing the internet. I was experiencing a lot of lag (more than usual) and when I tried to refresh the page it stopped working altogether. Since then I get good signals to the router and no internet connection.

I am using windows XP, the wireless adapter is a WMP54GS and the router is a WRT54GS.

I have searched the internet for solutions to this problem but all I seem to find is more people with the same problem, and no solutions. Let me know if there is anymore information needed to help resolve this situation.

I am at my wits end with this one and am about ready to format and start over. Please please help!

Edited by ohgrx, 02 January 2009 - 07:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ohgrx

ohgrx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

solved it on my own.

Ended up being a passcode that was removed when i reset my network settings. Just found the code and re-entered it into the network settings. Problem fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users