Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE stripping cookie info from between two different domains

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 theweave

theweave

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

As a result of a client decision, we are passing cookie information between two different domains, meaning a member logs in on one site, we check his info and login at another website (.org) address and redirect back to .com address (same name, just different extension)....some people are seeing a blank screen in IE, as third party programs, specicfically, AdAware are stripping cookie information and not allowing them to see anything but a blank screen. Most of the time I can have them delete their cookies in relation to the site, make sure AdAware disabled and they get in, but has anyone else ran into other things that can strip cookie info from a browser pass?
Most times I can get the members logged in, but it takes a lot of cleanup and then after they work good for a while, it suddenly reverts back to not letting them in. Anyone have any suggestions?
I cannot locate the database from .org address to .com website, so I have to pass the info. Same registrant owns both domains, they just have an inhouse database I have to review with each .com login....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users