Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer exits programs & files by itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joe lino

joe lino

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

This problem starting 2 days ago. If I try to access a folder like my pictures or I am in a program or email, the computer just kicks me out. I tried a system restore but I kept getting errors ie "system restore restoration incomplete. your computer cannot be restored." I run scans every day using ad-aware and McAfee. I have comcast internet which has mcafee running real time. Just about the time that this happened, mcafee blocked and removed 3 trojans. I cleaned up all temporary files and system restore points (since they didnt work & might be infected). Iam now backing up files like photos movies etc onto an extenal drive. I am on another computer now as these files are backing up. I have also run a complete system scan with ad aware and mcafee and nothing was detected. What should I do??

any help is appreciated.

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JuicEmatic

JuicEmatic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

what do you mean by "kicks me out"? receive an error message? the program closes, computer crashes?

#3 joe lino

joe lino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

no error message appears and no crash. The program or file or email etc. just closes and I am back to the place that i started. For example, I want to view a photo that is in my pictures. So I go to my documents, then click on my pictures folder. When my pictures opens up, I try to scroll down to the photo that i want to view, but it exits out quickly to the my pictures folder, then to my documents etc. very quickly.

#4 JuicEmatic

JuicEmatic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

you may have a corrupted photo/video file.

the easiest way to tell is to turn off thumbnails and scroll through the pictures folder and see if it closes. if it doesnt, turn on thumbnail view again and scroll through once more. if it quits randomly then you might have a corrupted photo.

take note of whereabouts explorer quits and remove the files in the viewable area from that folder. then have fun trying to figure out which one it is lol.

thats my only suggestion and the extent of my knowledge so maybe wait for a reply from a veteran.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Try running chkdsk /r or the equivalent?

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter or OK. Type Y when queried, hit Enter or OK. Reboot and let it run to completion, system will reboot when chkdsk is completed. Ensure that there is a space between k and / of the typed command.

Try defragging the C: partition?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users