Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errors Registering JScript.dll and VBScript.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JuicEmatic

JuicEmatic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

ive been wondering about it for weeks now and i finally stumbled upon something that solved it. i know there must be other people out there with this exact problem so i thought i'd make a topic that would be an all in one solution instead of having to scour google for 6 hours.

this is if you have already tried

start > run entering "regsvr32 VBScript.dll" and then pressing enter

and the dll still failed to register

SOLVE THE JScript and VBScript DLL REGISTERING ISSUE
along with blank search, windows media player not opening, crash upon javascript use in browser (IE?)

solution from:
http://www.techimo.com/forum/applications-...ll-problem.html

FIRSTLY make sure you have Windows Script 5.6:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

alternative link:
http://files.filefront.com/Windows+Script+...;/fileinfo.html

MOD EDIT: Backup your registry before making any changes to it. Without a backup, one tiny misstep can render your system unbootable.
1. open registry editor
2. use the down arrow to scroll though all entries in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
3. upon encountering an error dialog, right click on the entry giving the error and go to permissions
4. add user group "administrators" (use "check name")
5. tick all permissions boxes
6. click advanced and go to owner
7. click administrator group
8. tick box "replace owner on subcontainer and objects"
9. click apply and accept the error
10. cancel out of the box
11. click apply and then ok in the box
12. repeat for all offending entries
13. press F5 to refresh and perform the same step-by-step technique on the subfolders
14. take note of all fixed folders
15. if subfolders do not appear, try installing Windows Scrip 5.6 again and THEN searching for the subfolders

dont ask me why, but i couldnt apply the new administrators permissions without first opening the "advanced" dialog and triggering the error there. if someone can make adjustments to this fairly sketchy method, please feel free.

*********** SOME ENTRIES I ENCOUNTERED ***************

Spin.SpinButton
MSIDXS
MSIDXS ErrorLookup
ABC2Win.Document

and also the VBS*** entries in the list below

*********** SOME ENTRIES ender_27 (solver of the problem) ENCOUNTERED ***************

ASP.HostEncode
ECMAScript
JavaScript
JavaScript Author
JavaScript1.1
JavaScript1.1 Author
JavaScript1.2
JavaScript1.2 Author
JavaScript1.3
JScript
JScript Author
JScript.Encode
JSFile.HostEncode
LiveScript
LiveScript Author
Scripting.Dictionary
Scripting.Encoder
Scripting.FileSystemObject
VBS
VBS Author
VBScript Author
VBScript.Encode
VBScript.RegExp
VBSFile.HostEncode

******* some handy search keywords *******

dllregisterserver in jscript.dll failed
dllregisterserver in vbscript.dll failed
register dll
unable to register dll
cant register vbscript.dll
cant register jscript.dll
windows script 5.6
windows media player
an internal application error has occurred
blank search box
blank search toolbar
broken search box
javascript crash

Edited by usasma, 02 January 2009 - 08:03 PM.
MOD EDIT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

This appears to be a workaround to something that's trashed the registry permissions for these objects. I'd use the RRT from here: http://www.sergiwa.com/en/rd/download.html or the Repair Permissions tool in Dial-A-Fix myself.

Should you choose to use these instructions, be sure to backup your registry first!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users