Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless signal - How much does it affect my internet speed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dremits

dremits

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Just wondering how much does my wireless signal strength affect my internet speed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 turke44

turke44

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

It depends with your Internet connection.
why so serious!!!

#3 dremits

dremits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Ok it's broadband dsl modem. Not sure about the speed but surely you don't need that to answer the question?

#4 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Just wondering how much does my wireless signal strength affect my internet speed?

It would affect in your download speed especially. Also you can check the speed from tools available. http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ if your are based in UK.

Also the number of systems(laptops &desktops) connected and using your ADSL connection also depends on your internet speed.

Hope that helps.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#5 dremits

dremits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Sreez,

According to the link you provided I have a download speed of 368 kbps and upload: 305 kbps. Usually there will be 2-3 computers on the network (most of the time it's 2).

#6 Drizzy829

Drizzy829

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

i recently moved my computer from my basement to my living room upstairs, i want to have internet access on my pc but at the same time have internet connected to my xbox360...if i were to get a wireless N card for my pc, would it make my internet slow all together because i want to leave my modem in the basement where my 360 is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users