Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:42 PM
- Did the Ram fit into the MOBO properly (without forceing it)? (DDR2 is backward compatible, the system can down clock it if the MOBO is capable.)
- What type of Ram does it require and what type of Ram did you put in?
For some quick reference:
- If you forced the stick into the slot it may have damaged the MOBO.
- If it is ddr2 it requires 2 sticks of the same type to run on that channel.
- Break down to bare minimums (CPU, Ram, PSU, MOBO, and Video) take off the CMOS jumper and take out the BIOS battery, wait 30sec-1min and then replace the battery then the jumper.