Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wordpress and Phpbb3.. Matching theme?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

On my website currently I have a few HTML files (hand coded), a wordpress install, and a phbpb3 forum install. I have a matching theme already but some things are annoying me about it so I was wondering, is there anywhere that has free wordpress and phpbb3 themes that match?
I am going to try and make the wordpress install my main site, and I want everything to look the same.

I've googled like crazy but every site that i've found offers it if you buy a theme first or something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

I, too, Googled around a bit and came to the same conclusion you have: nothing for free.

Have you considered manually editing the themes yourself?

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

I'm not sure if I could edit the theme on my forum to look like my wordpress theme.
I might try once I get some free time.

Are there any guides that would help me, like tell me what files to edit?

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

I would recommend finding a theme that's as close as possible to what you want, downloading it and looking at the files that are included in the download. Images, obviously, can be edited pretty simply. Look at the file names of non-images to kind of learn what they do (i.e. "buttons" or "forms" refer to buttons and forms respectively) Tinker and ask questions of knowledgable persons.

#5 lhamil64

lhamil64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

I will definitely try.
I just thought of something else too, I could try porting the wordpress theme to PHPBB. That would probably be easier to find a guide for on google lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users