Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flight Simulator X will not install after 6 retry's. Works on other computers and laptops

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tehsplink

Tehsplink

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

I cant remember how it originally happened, but i had to reformat and install twice, and then the computer had updates and restarted in the middle of installing fsx or something i believe. When i eventually had removed all files and registry files made, i tried to reinstall again. I now get the error that is in the screenshot below.
Posted Image

No infection on my PC, files are completely gone, disk is in pretty good condition although a little scratched; but it works and installs on other peoples computers. HJT Logs i have analyzed and appear fine to me at the moment.
I'm happy to provide you with any logs etc.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 (Not sp3, stupid thing caused one of the Formats i had to do.
I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 fully updated hourly, with Spybot S&D with full immunization enabled.
I also understand that it may be nothing to do with the computer, but instead my hardware.

Any suggestions?

(I wont need to post MBAM logs, they are clear :thumbsup: )

Kind regards,

James
Please PM me if i have been assisting you and do not reply for 24 hours!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

I realize you are receiving a different error message, but maybe this can help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080 . Good luck :thumbsup:
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Tehsplink

Tehsplink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Followed the instructions, however it didn't work. I did restart etc.

It might also be interesting to add when i click ok and it starts rolling back, i get this error...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for trying, any more help?

Edit: Having looked, that file isn't in the Cabinet file, so it may well be the CD and my DVD reader, however laptops and desktops i have tried don't seem to have any problem at all :thumbsup:.

Edited by Tehsplink, 03 January 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hmm, if you tried that and had no success, and after completely deleting all the files with the game, including the registry files, I'm really out of ideas, sorry :thumbsup: . Maybe someone else can help, or if you become desperate enough, microsoft support (have fun calling them, being put on hold, then being transferred five times) is a last resort.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 Tehsplink

Tehsplink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:41 AM

I was thinking of ringing them today, but will their UK team work on Sundays?
Ill look in back of booklet :thumbsup: Thanks. Any more ideas?

#6 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

copy the disk to the hd and try to install

#7 Tehsplink

Tehsplink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

I was thinking that, but it will copy files from the cd and the file that its requesting (the ones with all numbers and stuff like a md5 hash or something) isnt there... so it wouldn't go onto my computer if i copied it and i would have the same problem surely?

#8 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

who knows it may work. just try it lol

#9 Over50

Over50

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

I cant remember how it originally happened, but i had to reformat and install twice, and then the computer had updates and restarted in the middle of installing fsx or something i believe. When i eventually had removed all files and registry files made, i tried to reinstall again. I now get the error that is in the screenshot below.
Posted Image

No infection on my PC, files are completely gone, disk is in pretty good condition although a little scratched; but it works and installs on other peoples computers. HJT Logs i have analyzed and appear fine to me at the moment.
I'm happy to provide you with any logs etc.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 (Not sp3, stupid thing caused one of the Formats i had to do.
I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 fully updated hourly, with Spybot S&D with full immunization enabled.
I also understand that it may be nothing to do with the computer, but instead my hardware.

Any suggestions?

(I wont need to post MBAM logs, they are clear :thumbsup: )

Kind regards,

James

When you say you removed registry files do you mean manually?

Edited by Over50, 19 January 2009 - 12:14 AM.

CM Cosmos S case, EVGA 750i SLI FTW, 860W PCPC PS,
E8400 w/Zalman 9700 cooler, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 216 Core SC, X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Sound Card
CH 568 USB Joystick, Pro Pedals and Yoke, Windows XP Home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users