Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DBAN wipe killed my wireless

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ASUbbrown

ASUbbrown

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Ok so I have a dell inspiron laptop and I used the DBAN softwhere to wipe the hard drive. I reinstalled windows XP but now I can not seem to connect to wireless inernet. In fact it seems as if its not even an option. I know it is wireless capable because I use to use it with no hardware attached. I use to look for wireless networks under the Intel Wireless Pro Set are something similar to that. Is this just softwhere I need to download or what? I am kind of at a wall so any help would be great appreciated. Thanks!!

Edited by Pandy, 02 January 2009 - 11:52 AM.
Moved from Win XP Home and Pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

Did you install the wireless card drivers?

#3 ASUbbrown

ASUbbrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

No I didn't... how do you do this is it on a CD and if so which one is it? Is it not just on the XP cd?

#4 ASUbbrown

ASUbbrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

No I didn't... how do you do this is it on a CD and if so which one is it? Is it not just on the XP cd?

#5 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

If you can hard wire your computer to the internet for a few minutes, you can get the drivers automatically.

Start -> Run -> type in devmgmt.msc -> hit enter
Find Network Adapters, right click on your wireless card or whatever is listed and select Update Driver or Install if it is listed.

#6 dremits

dremits

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

Chances are if you formatted your drive then Windows won't know the make ore model of the wirless card. See if you can find the make of the wireless card in the owners manual. What make and model is your computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users