Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

avast did the trick

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bjt1

bjt1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

Following much of the advice here for removing Antispyware 2008/2009 with no success, I tried Avast and it worked when many other spyware removal tools would not. I have used Malwarebytes Antimalware successfully in the past but it was of no help this time. Avast vastly improved the performance of my computer, is free, and does not seem to take too much "horsepower" from my aging system.

It would be worth a try for those who are frustrated with trying to remove Antivirus 2008/09

http://www.avast.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hello.

The infections are always changing. Looks like MBAM wasn't updated in time. It is usually good at removing rogue programs.

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users