Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer takes very long to start

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vay

Vay

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

and also my computer keeps shutting down and usual few seconds after i press the power up button, and i need to do this for a while to get it to start working..plz help my access is limited on the computer as you can see.

My computer is made by Asus and at the blue screen (with the intel logo on the bottom right), the screen takes very long to load and i have to press enter or some button i randomly pressed to get it started. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Sometimes it starts automatically and sometimes i wait there and i went to sleep and woke up 2 hours later with the same screen still there.

And also my sister fixed my computer not long ago because it couldn't start, and now the symptoms are the same except for the part it couldn't start, the symptoms is that it keeps shutting down every now and then for no reason.

Edited by Vay, 03 January 2009 - 12:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Have you scanned for viruses? If not, follow the instructions here for some free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Vay

Vay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:30 AM

Have you scanned for viruses? If not, follow the instructions here for some free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252

yes i deleted most of my viruses downloaded combofix, avast anti virus, and hijack this, and malware bytes and got rid of them (im not sure if i deleted ALL of them but im sure i deleted the most harmful ones).

but this time it is more of a technical problem. My computer keeps shutting down and at the starting screen it takes too long to load.

the only step i took is to tell my sister to fix it at a computer shop and she got it fixed for the part where it couldn't start up, but not the part that it keeps shutting down.

also i pressed the DEL button at the blue start up screen and the word wriiten on that screen is asus followed by P4P800s-X.
and intel pentium on the bottom right, i couldnt get the menu with options to turn things on or off ever since i downloaded combo fix, any idea how to get the option menu?

Edited by Vay, 03 January 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

yes i deleted most of my viruses downloaded combofix, avast anti virus, and hijack this, and malware bytes and got rid of them (im not sure if i deleted ALL of them but im sure i deleted the most harmful ones).

i couldnt get the menu with options to turn things on or off ever since i downloaded combo fix, any idea how to get the option menu?

Did you run Combofix after you downloaded it? Did someone trained in the use of Combofix direct you to use it or did you decide to do it on your own?

There is a possibility that your issue is a result of running Combofix if you ran the program.

Please note the message text in blue at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

ComboFix It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when
instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained in the use of the program.
ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance
and supervision of an expert
", NOT for private use.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.. Using this tool incorrectly could
lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing
it from ever starting again.

It's also possible that you are still infected, since you mention you got rid of "most" of the viruses, and (im not sure if i deleted ALL of them but im sure i deleted the most harmful ones)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 January 2009 - 12:50 AM.

#5 Vay

Vay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

i couldnt get the menu with options to turn things on or off ever since i downloaded combo fix, any idea how to get the option menu?

Did you run Combofix after you downloaded it? Did someone trained in the use of Combofix direct you to use it or did you decide to do it on your own?

There is a possibility that your issue is a result of running Combofix if you ran the program.

Please note the message text in blue at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

ComboFix It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when
instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained in the use of the program.
ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance
and supervision of an expert
", NOT for private use.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.. Using this tool incorrectly could
lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing
it from ever starting again.

It's also possible that you are still infected, since you mention you got rid of "most" of the viruses, and (im not sure if i deleted ALL of them but im sure i deleted the most harmful ones)

someone told me to download it and run it and delete my infected files, that all he said.

i only know that combofix is not the problem to my computer shutting down every now and then because at the time i never downloaded combofix or used it, my computer was already shutting down, most of teh time its when i play computer games. My computer also couldn't start up, and it is after my sister got my computer fixed, i can start up again but the shutting down problem from time to time keeps happening. And then that when i downloaded all these anti virus stuff and combo fix and ran it, it helped me clean my computer and my annoying "anti-virus" malwares.

so combo fix couldn't be the problem, i also want to get my setup menu up, but ever since i downloaded combo fix, i can't get my set up menu when the computer starts, so that probably what combofix did.

for my computer i bring the set up menu from the screen that tells the computer info. and i press the DEL button, but now i can't get it up and that screen takes a long time to load and i need to press enter to get it started. SO that probably what combofix did but i'm not sure.

and my computer don't shut down when i come to this forum, my computer shuts down when i play flash games and other computer games such as age of empire and stuff.

Edited by Vay, 03 January 2009 - 02:39 AM.

#6 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

Hi Vay,

There may be more than one problem. The random shutdowns could be caused by overheating, in particular, if they're occurring while you're gaming, but not so much at other times. See this:

http://www.gamegiants.net/article_info.php?articles_id=1

When did the problems start? Had you added any new software around that time?

Also, if you still have your original combofix log (if you haven't overwritten it by running it more than once), then it would be a good idea to have someone check it to see what combofix actually removed. It's probably located directly under C:\ When Combofix runs, it generally removes the viruses it recognizes without the user doing anything. What files you removed additionally and how you removed them would be useful information to anyone trying to help you.

Does the computer boot into SafeMode any faster than into nomal mode? If you're not sure, hit the F8 key repeatedly during bootup until you come to the menu that gives Safe Mode as one of the options.

Zllio

#7 Vay

Vay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hi Vay,

There may be more than one problem. The random shutdowns could be caused by overheating, in particular, if they're occurring while you're gaming, but not so much at other times. See this:

http://www.gamegiants.net/article_info.php?articles_id=1

When did the problems start? Had you added any new software around that time?

Also, if you still have your original combofix log (if you haven't overwritten it by running it more than once), then it would be a good idea to have someone check it to see what combofix actually removed. It's probably located directly under C:\ When Combofix runs, it generally removes the viruses it recognizes without the user doing anything. What files you removed additionally and how you removed them would be useful information to anyone trying to help you.

Does the computer boot into SafeMode any faster than into nomal mode? If you're not sure, hit the F8 key repeatedly during bootup until you come to the menu that gives Safe Mode as one of the options.

Zllio

sometimes when i am watching videos on my computer it shuts down, or just left the computer on without running anything and it shuts down. My computer isn't even hot and its winter here, so i opened the windows and it shuts down even though it is not hot, is this normal?

and i play flash games last time for about 3 minutes and it shuts down..

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Possible PSU problem?

How much memory is installed?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users