Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AmyInPC

AmyInPC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Hi,

I'm hope you can help. I have Windows XP. This is a computer that my kids and boyfriend uses and I think they made it catch a bad flu. It all started by one or both of them creating admin user accounts and I know one of them did change the internet and web content settings. Then all of a sudden a few days ago whenever they would click on IE it would just pop up real quick and then go away. I did a system restore, tried to load the newest version of Norton Antivirus and deleted some programs that were running in the background and I think I screwed it up even more. This same scenario happened a few years ago and I ended up just doing a total system restore on this computer. I am trying to avoid having to do it again.

Everytime I boot the computer up it take me to the option screen to run in safe mode, or start windows normally. If I select start windows normally, windows does not load, it just reboots again. So I did the last system retore option. Windows will load but none of my programs will open up. I cant get Norton to scan the computer either. MSM will load but as soon as I type a few letters in the search field, MSM closes down. Im getting a few errors on start up and on shut down.

Cannot find application lxdnMsdMon.exe
Cannot find application OXC0000142
Cannot find application ORUOCU.EXE
Cannot find INSTALLAVG_77015105.EXE.

Please help!

Thanks,

AmyInPC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Your computer does have malware on it.
oruocu.exe (Trojan.TinyDownloader705)

You may be able to install and update MalwareBytes AntiMalware to find and remove the malware.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=944365

Some other problems such as not being able to use the printer because of using system restore may be more difficult to solve. (Cannot find application lxdnMsdMon.exe)
There is also a reference to AVG (Cannot find INSTALLAVG_77015105.EXE.) Did you install this after Norton would not scan?

At this point it might be the best, if not the only route to take, is to do a reformat and reinstall. Up to you.

Here is some info on System Restore:
If you perform a restore operation and then determine that the problem still exists, you can undo the operation. To do so, you must immediately run System Restore. When you see the Welcome To System Restore screen, select the Undo My Last Restoration option and click Next. On the Confirm Restoration Undo screen, click Next. System Restore will restore the previous system state and restart the computer. When the system restarts and you log on, you'll see System Restore's Undo Complete screen, which lets you know the operation was successful.

If you perform a restore operation and then determine that you selected the wrong restore point date, simply run System Restore again and select the restore point date you wanted.

If you perform a successful restore operation and discover that your computer won't boot Windows normally, you can still undo the restore operation. First, boot the system into Safe Mode. After you log on, a Warning dialog box will appear, allowing you to launch System Restore and select the Undo My Last Restoration option.

If the restore operations fails, the Restoration Was Unsuccessful screen will appear, and your computer will automatically return to the same state it was in when you activated the restore operation. In other words, no changes will be made to your computer.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users