Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen appears and I have to restart my laptop every 15-20 mins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brunobb

brunobb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

Hi, I'd be very grateful to you if you could help me fix my laptop.
In the middle of doing my work at the computer, the Windows XP keeps shutting down and I get this annoying blue screen background with white letters recommending among a several suggestions that I should try restarting my machine in Safe Mode and also consider removing some of my hardware or software that I have installed.
Having already removed some of the programs, this unfortunately hasn't prevented the Windows XP from its further continuous shutting down. First, it was shutting down every 1 to 2 hours, and now it's got even worse shutting down every 15 to 30 minutes on a regular basis.
My friend has asked me to reboot the system. But I don't want to lose all my software and files that I have all over my laptop, like in My Desktop, My Documents, Bookmarks, etc.
If I really have to reboot it, my question is How to save all my programs and files from losing or deletion?
Is there any other solution to this problem rather than rebooting the system?

Many thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

There are some things that you can try :thumbsup:.

Cleaning A Laptop Computer - http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/usingyour...cleanlaptop.htm

Have you ran a series of malware scans? What AV/malware programs are installed, current and running?

Is the system current with critical updates for XP?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 02 January 2009 - 08:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users