Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

accidently set a wrong defualt program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 monkman

monkman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hi, I was opening a zipped folder when I right clicked it and accidentally set notepad as the defualt program to open zipped folders. Now I did not buy a program, whatever came with windows just unzipped it. Well when I right click the zipped folder and then click open with and try to set the defualt program to open the zipped file, I don't see any programs to set as the defualt. Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by monkman, 01 January 2009 - 10:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Just download a free unzip like 7zip and install it. If it asks to associate itself with .zip and other compression extensions check yes. All done.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users