Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search engine hijack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loriann42

Loriann42

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

I am working on a computer that appears to have some sort of search engine hijack on it. I can access the internet, get to the home page, and even a few other pages. However, I cannot go to many pages. I cannot update the avg free 8.0 or windows. Also, I have tried to run malwarebytes anti malware program but it won't run. When I click on it the program looks like it is going to run but never does. The same thing happens when I try to run spybot too. I have run hijack this but cannot send you the log directly from that computer. I am putting it on a flash drive to post it here. I have stopped almost everything that is running on this computer so I believe I am sending you the shortest hijack log ever. I have edited the registry based on some of the problems that avg found but I am not getting anywhere. Please help!!
Thanks
Lori

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Loriann42

Loriann42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

I have solved the problems!! I needed to change the name of combo fix before I tried to run it. After I did that I ran Malwarebytes and cleaned up everything else. This computer is running great! Thanks

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for letting us know!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users