Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got c\resycled\boot.com - Autorun.inf infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 lorrilee

lorrilee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Success!! Yippee!

After googling to death resolutions for this virus with all remedies failing for my situation I finaly just decided I would figure out how to outsmart this dang thing myself. I figured out how to disable this thing and didn't suffer any losses except about 2 days troubles. I fugured a really easy way to bypass the scripts running and then was able to delete all the files in dos in safe mode. I also ran a safe mode Restore but I don't think I really even had to do that.

There were two files I couldn't figure out how to locate in DOS (I mostly just know how to turn the computer on and off, don't know much about this DOS stuff. Too much typing) so I still have them probably somewhere on my box but the heart of the thing was killed and it's dead dead dead.

WOW! I'm pretty excited about this. Two of my friends lost all their data on their hard drives because of this same Virus and the loss was extensive.

I'm not sure where to post the resolution to this type of virus in this forum. Perhaps someone could tell me where I should post it. But it works fast, easy and safe. It's simple too, just like me. :)

Anyway, glad you guys are here. Keep up the good work.

I downloaded some "free software" and ended up with computer acting strange immediately. High cpu and no activity etc. Somehow I found out I had these new files and folders in root of my two drives. I can't delete them (keep coming back). I found out the fix is evidently Combofix -dot-exe. I read the whole list of things to do and did those and now I am at the part to post my dds data. I am supposed to wait for a helper before doing anything else per the instructions.
So here is the dds.txt included below and the attach.txt is zipped and attached per directions.

Any help to safely run the combofix and any other things I should do - :thumbsup:

Thank you

Lorrilee

here is paste of dds.txt :

Deleted

Edited by lorrilee, 02 January 2009 - 03:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users