Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why When I Play A Game Fullscreen My Icons Are Gone?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hello all have a new year full with happiness :D

I have a question;

I think this is the best forum to be put in, if its wrong I am very sorry please move it :flowers:

When I play a game in fullscreen (Warlords Battlecry 2,3 - Commandos III) and then I exit, my desktop's Icons are gone and I need reboot to restore them.

What would it cause it?

Thank you :thumbsup:

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

It could be a glitch with the game. Let me move this over to the Games forum to see if they've got a better answer.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

It could be a glitch with the game. Let me move this over to the Games forum to see if they've got a better answer.

Thank You :thumbsup:

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

#4 haun

haun

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

Could be a Screen Resolution problem... sometimes when the Game has a weird Res it moves the icons.

What is the res when you are just using the computer, and what is the resolution of the game?
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

#5 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

Could be a Screen Resolution problem... sometimes when the Game has a weird Res it moves the icons.

What is the res when you are just using the computer, and what is the resolution of the game?

Hello happy new year!

My laptop's resolution is @ 1280x800 always.

My game resolution varies; most of the games dont have this resolution in options

so I usually play with 1024x768

Thank you for replying :thumbsup:

#6 haun

haun

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

hmmm. i dont know. ive never had that happen before.
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users