Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Patient2000

Patient2000

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hi, All,

How are things? I believe my computer has been infected.

Whenever I search on google, I get valid search results with changed addresses (addresses like anticipatesavings.com, toseeka.com -- obviously changed addresses that have nothing to do with the search I did).

I downloaded HJT, and have renamed it crusty.exe (I read about renaming it). Here is the log. Please help me when you can, let me know if you have questions, and thanks in advance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you.

Disable Realtime Protection
Antimalware programs can interfere with ComboFix and other tools we need to run. Please temporarily disable all realtime protections you have enabled. Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.

To disable Norton Antivirus.
  • Right click on thr Norton icon (Posted Image) beside your click and select Disable Auto-Protect.
  • Select a disabled duration of 5 hours to ensure that it will not interfere with this fix.
  • Click OK to apply the settings.
When done properly, you should recieve a pop-up warning saying that protection was disabled. The Norton icon should now look like Posted Image.

Download and Run ComboFix
If you have already run ComboFix, delete your copy and download a new one. If the computer in question is unable to download ComboFix, transfer it using a removable media (CDs, flash drive).

Download Combofix by sUBs from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.
Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts. If you are using Windows Vista, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". You will not recieve the prompts below if you are not using Windows XP. ComboFix will check to see if you have the Windows Recovery Console installed.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
    Posted ImagePosted Image

• When the Recovery Console has been installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
    Posted Image
  • When finished, ComboFix will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running. ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

In your next reply include:
-the ComboFix log
-a new HijackThis or DDS log

Please also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since you started your topic.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

Dear PP,

Did what you said. However, when I run ComboFix, it gets to a certain point and then says:

'"C:\WINDOWS\system32\"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

It stops there, thus no report is generated (even after waiting for an hour, it doesn't seem to do anything). Still, it completes to Stage_50. And it removed a few files starting with WINDOWS\system32 (this removal occurred before the Stage completions even began), and also removed another file that said something like WINDOWS\program files\winsw.exe, er something (this removal also occured before the stage completions began). I can't remember the exact names of the files I've mentioned above because: 1) I didn't know I had to, 2) they only showed up the first time I ran ComboFix, and then have not shown up again. I've tried running ComboFix to completion every time but no dice; always stops at that message above. I must confess however, I have not waited longer than an hour for ComboFix to go to completion and generate a report.

I ran HJT and here's the new report.

Since the first post, I have downloaded RunAlyzer from the Spybot Search and Destroy homepage. I ran it and tried deleting something that came up in red (something like "Adware Alert"). When I tried google after that, I got the same legit search results with bogus addresses. Thus no change in my computer's current condition.

However, after running ComboFix today and trying another google search, I am no longer getting the bogus addresses. I have also noticed that before running ComboFix I would always see at the bottom left corner of the Firefox window something like "tranferring data from 7.7.7...." (lots of sevens). Now I don't see that anymore, either. The speed of the searches has also improved to where it used to be. In other words, after running ComboFix, it seems that google is working normally again.

My clock is weird looking now but I could sincerely care less. Unless, of course, you say I should. Then I'll be all nervous and everything. Because you're the expert. Not me.

Thank you kindly for your help, by the way. I know you people do this on a voluntary basis; that's noble if you ask me.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 20:04, on 2009-01-10
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MOBIPO~1\webcomp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe
C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Crusty.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch...TB&M=MX6440
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Smart Web Printing 1.0 - {AE84A6AA-A333-4B92-B276-C11E2212E4FE} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\SmartWebPrinting.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EasyLinkAdvisor] "C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mobipocket Web Companion] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MOBIPO~1\webcomp.exe -m
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdwareAlert] C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert\AdwareAlert.exe -boot
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe -p
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1230795379250
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{50A53173-E432-4B2C-9141-8CA34204A222}: NameServer = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7F04FD4F-D671-4B06-98B4-F46B5DD38AB3}: NameServer = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{833ED13C-CAC2-46CE-9DCB-EC2661FBB45C}: NameServer = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe

--
End of file - 10092 bytes

Attached Files

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 10 January 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hello Patient2000.

I've seen that issue with ComboFix twice today. I'll talk to the developer about it if the next version still has that error.

We'll restore your clock settings after.

Looks like ComboFix handled that infection nicely.
-----
Let's disable TeaTimer before making any changes.

To disable SpyBot's TeaTimer:
You can find instructions with visuals here.
  • Run Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode. If it is not already set to do this Go to the Mode menu select Advanced Mode.
  • On the left hand side, Click on Tools.
  • Click on the Resident icon in the list.
  • Uncheck Resident TeaTimer and OK any prompts.
  • Download ResetTeaTimer.bat and run it to remove entries set by TeaTimer. If you are not using Internet Explorer, you may not be prompted to download the file when you click it. In that case, right click it and select "Save Target/Link as" and save the file onto your desktop.
    The file should take only a second to finish. Delete this file after use.
Restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

You appear to have "AdwareAlert" installed. The company that created this program has a reputation for creating rogue programs. Though they have been removed from the blacklist, I suggest you uninstall the program, if it is still installed.

Update Java to Version 6 Update 11
Your current version of Java is outdated. Malware creators can exploit the lesser security of older versions. Please uninstall your current version through Add/Remove Programs. Remove all instances of Java, J2SE Runtime, Java Runtime, and Java Runtime Environment. Restart your computer after uninstalling.

Please download the installer for Windows.32, here. Follow the prompts to install and delete the install after use.

Download and Run ATFCleaner
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files and settings. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser also...
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser also...
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
F-Secure Online Scan
Please run F-Secure Online Scanner to check for anything remaining.
This scan is for Internet Explorer only.
  • It is suggested that you disable security programs and close any other windows during the scan. While your security is disabled, please refrain from surfing on other sites. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
  • Go to F-Secure Online Scanner
  • Follow the instructions here for installation.
  • Accept the License Agreement.
  • Once the ActiveX installs, click Full System Scan
  • Once the download completes, the scan will begin automatically. The scan will take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
  • Click the Show Report button and copy the entire report in your next reply.
Be sure to re-enable any security programs

Please post back with:
-the F-Secure scan log
-a fresh HijackThis log

Please tell me of any problems you have now.

With Regards,
The Panda

#5 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

The Panda,

Thanks again. Here are the files. The forum page is downloading funny, and didn't give me the upload function that it usually does, so I went ahead and copied and pasted both the F-Secure report and the HJT report below. Hope that's okay.

Scanning Report
Sunday, January 11, 2009 03:38:48 - 09:55:36

Computer name: IMOS-CD1AC060FC
Scanning type: Scan system for malware, rootkits
Target: C:\ D:\
Result: 1 malware found
TrackingCookie.Adinterax (spyware)

* System

Statistics
Scanned:

* Files: 35377
* System: 4364
* Not scanned: 8

Actions:

* Disinfected: 0
* Renamed: 0
* Deleted: 0
* None: 1
* Submitted: 0

Files not scanned:

* C:\HIBERFIL.SYS
* C:\PAGEFILE.SYS
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
* C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\ETILQS_BMX6BPLEQE55RGLFLZAE

Options
Scanning engines:

* F-Secure USS: 2.40.0
* F-Secure Hydra: 2.8.8110, 2009-01-10
* F-Secure AVP: 7.0.171, 2009-01-11
* F-Secure Pegasus: 1.20.0, 2008-11-17
* F-Secure Blacklight: 0.0.0

Scanning options:

* Scan defined files: COM EXE SYS OV? BIN SCR DLL SHS HTM HTML HTT VBS JS INF VXD DO? XL? RTF CPL WIZ HTA PP? PWZ P?T MSO PIF . ACM ASP AX CNV CSC DRV INI MDB MPD MPP MPT OBD OBT OCX PCI TLB TSP WBK WBT WPC WSH VWP WML BOO HLP TD0 TT6 MSG ASD JSE VBE WSC CHM EML PRC SHB LNK WSF {* PDF ZL? XML ZIP XXX ANI AVB BAT CMD JPG LSP MAP MHT MIF PHP POT SWF WMF NWS TAR
* Use Advanced heuristics

Copyright © 1998-2007 Product support |Send virus sample to F-Secure
F-Secure assumes no responsibility for material created or published by third parties that F-Secure World Wide Web pages have a link to. Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material to any of our servers, for example by E-mail or via our F-Secure's CGI E-mail, you agree that the material you make available may be published in the F-Secure World Wide Pages or hard-copy publications. You will reach F-Secure public web site by clicking on underlined links. While doing this, your access will be logged to our private access statistics with your domain name.This information will not be given to any third party. You agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit. Unless you have clearly stated otherwise, by submitting material you warrant that F-Secure may incorporate any concepts described in it in the F-Secure products/publications without liability.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:59, on 2009-01-11
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MOBIPO~1\webcomp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe
C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Crusty.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch...TB&M=MX6440
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Smart Web Printing 1.0 - {AE84A6AA-A333-4B92-B276-C11E2212E4FE} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\SmartWebPrinting.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EasyLinkAdvisor] "C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mobipocket Web Companion] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MOBIPO~1\webcomp.exe -m
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdwareAlert] C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert\AdwareAlert.exe -boot
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1230795379250
O16 - DPF: {BDBDE413-7B1C-4C68-A8FF-C5B2B4090876} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.3) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{50A53173-E432-4B2C-9141-8CA34204A222}: NameServer = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7F04FD4F-D671-4B06-98B4-F46B5DD38AB3}: NameServer = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{833ED13C-CAC2-46CE-9DCB-EC2661FBB45C}: NameServer = 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe

--
End of file - 9967 bytes

#6 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Hello Patient2000.

Looks good. Unless you have any other problems, we can remove a leftover entry and wrap up.

Fix HijackThis Entries
  • Double click the HijackThis icon on your desktop.
  • Close all other open windows.
  • Select Do a System Scan Only.
  • Wait a few moments for the list to be compiled.
  • To the left of each entry you will see a check box. Check the box next to the following entries:

If you no longer see some of the entries, skip them.
  • Close all open windows except HijackThis.
  • Click Posted Image and OK at the prompt.
  • The screen will clear itself.
  • Close out of HijackThis.

Uninstall ComboFix
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.

If this tool has helped you, please consider making a donation to its author. Posted Image
  • Click on your Start Menu, then Run....
  • Now type combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Notice the space between the "x" and "/".
    Posted Image
Uninstalling ComboFix will do the following:
  • Delete ComboFix and its components from your computer.
  • Delete other tools commonly used during the malware removal process.
  • Resets clock settings to standard format.
  • Hide file extensions and hidden/system files.
  • Clear System Restore cache and creates new restore point.
Preventing Malware Infection in the Future
Please take some time to look at the following links, giving some advice and suggestions for preventing future infections: For general slowness problems that you may have, take a look at Slow Computer/browser? It May Not Be Malware. Read How to use the Startup Database to identify and disable uneeded processes and increase the amount of available resources.

Do you have any further questions or concerns?

With Regards,
The Panda

#7 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

The Panda,

Thanks for the kung fu kicks to the head of my infection, now in the emergency room (hopefully for a long time) with severe brain damage.

One other thing: when I run spybot, I always get two entries that I always fix but then always reappear. One called "SpywareBOT", and another called "Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled". One entry a-piece. I just ran it and got 'em again (and fixed 'em again). Should I be concerned?

#8 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

Hello Patient2000.

One other thing: when I run spybot, I always get two entries that I always fix but then always reappear. One called "SpywareBOT", and another called "Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled". One entry a-piece. I just ran it and got 'em again (and fixed 'em again). Should I be concerned?

Could you please give the detection in detail? What items were flagged as those?

If possible, take a screenshort or save a log (not sure if SpyBot has logs).

With Regards,
The Panda

#9 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

The Panda,

Thanks. Here's the log. You probably already know this, but just in case, the detections are at the top of the log ("SpywareBot," etc.), followed by tons of stuff that I don't have the slightest idea about (but that you, no doubt, understand perfectly). Hope this helps. Wish I could send you some snack bamboo while you're working on this. But I'm not sure I could afford you, either. You're the best.

Attached Files

#10 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hello.

Let's take care of those.

Please make sure TeaTimer is disabled.

Apply Registry Script
  • Copy the following into a notepad (Start>Run>"notepad"). Do not copy the word "code".
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2863346332-3322681123-62051201-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "AdwareAlert"=-
  • Click File, then Save As... .
  • Click Desktop on the left.
  • Under the Save as type dropdown, select All Files.
  • In the box File Name, input fix.reg
  • Hit OK.
When done properly, the icon should look like Posted Image.

Double click fix.reg and answer Yes to the prompts. You should recieve the message that the entries have been successfully merged. If not, post back with the error message.

Delete fix.reg after use.
----
Click on your Start Menu, then Run.. , then type:
services.msc

In the Service Control Manager, double click the Security Centre service. Change the Startup type to Automatic. Start the service.
----
Run the SpyBot scan again. Are those detections gone?

With Regards,
The panda

Select

#11 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

woops.

Edited by Patient2000, 11 January 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#12 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

woopsie again.

Edited by Patient2000, 11 January 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#13 Patient2000

Patient2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Both gone. Your kung fu is good. Thanks for all your help.

#14 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hello.

Never heard of the "Panda virus" before :thumbsup: .

The Panda

#15 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Hello.

Since this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.
If you are the topic starter and need this topic reopened, send me a message.

Everyone else, please begin a new topic.

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users