Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whannah28

whannah28

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

I would like to have Lotus Organizer automatically start and display the schedule screen when the computer first starts up. This shows a very convenient schedule view first thing in the morning without having to manually call it up. This worked nicely with Windows XP but I can't seem to make it work in Vista. Anyone got a suggestion ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

I'm not familiar with Lotus Organizer but I have both XP and Vista. How were you autostarting it in XP?

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#3 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hello,

I have a few steps.

Using the Organizer preferences, you can tell the program to automatically open a particular preferred file when you launch Organize. Click on File then User Setup then Organizer Preferences. Under the Default File tab, enable the automatically open option. Browse to locate the default file and click OK.

Corruption of files help
:
If by Vista fate you corrupt a file. First close the file from the File menu. Next choose File > Compact.
It should repair and generate a solution for the corruption.

Compatibility Mode:
If Vista is giving you serious problems with any of the two options stated above or you cannot run the program correctly, then you will need to go in to compatibility mode. Go to the start menu and search for Lotus Organizer, then right click on it and click Properties. In the 'Compatibility' tab, checkmark the box next to 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and make sure the option for 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' is set.

#4 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

Not sure about how to make the application open on a certain page, but I like to install boot-time startup apps in the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run registry key. Do not use this method if you are not familiar with registry editing.

Another more simple method is to add a shortcut to the program in the Startup folder in the Start Menu.

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:48 AM

Not sure about how to make the application open on a certain page, but I like to install boot-time startup apps in the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run registry key. Do not use this method if you are not familiar with registry editing.

I recommend to always be very careful not to modify parts of the registry other than those expressly mentioned by any Trusted Installer or Computer guru. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. It cannot be guaranteed that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users