Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About Blank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fudge-pants

fudge-pants

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

I have been infected with the about: blank virus. Did a thorough scan and eliminated all ad and spyware. Still it comes back. Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:20 PM

Hi Fudge-Pants. Welcome to BC.

I'm sorry to hear about your infection of About:Blank. It stinks
and is a constantly annoying problem for many of us. Your best
bet for removal is to get a HJT log. Here's what you do:

Click here to get the HijackThis program. It's totally free. You'll find easy instructions on that page as well.

Once you get your log, post it here by clicking on "New Topic" at the top right corner area. Our HJT staff works on a volunteer 'first come, first served' basis. Please allow them time to view your log and repond to you with instructions.

Thanks.

#3 fudge-pants

fudge-pants
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:52 AM

I corrected the problem at least for now. I downloaded Microsoft's Anti-Spyware software and ran the scan. It removed the page. As I said, for now! Thanks to all who answered and helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users