Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet windows wont close, windows firewall blocking IE, etc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 valveman

valveman

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

resolved
hi, it started yesterday, when trying to close an internet window - the window emptied of all text and pics but stayed up. i right clicked it on taskbar and clicked close, but it stayed there along with the right click shortcut menu which also went blank. i had to use task manager>applications>end task to close it. it is now happening frequently. my computer seems to be starting up slow too, as though there are too many startup programs but ive only got a few.
today i tried to open IE but it didnt work straight away, so i tried to open it again then it opened twice (very slowly) and windows firewall popped up - supposedly blocking it but it still connected, and my homepage had changed from google to msn.
ive scanned using sophos av, malwarebytes, super antispyware, advanced systemcare, dr web cureit and smitfraudfix (d/loaded from this site) with the last 2 scanned in safemode. i think the only one that found anything was dr web cureit which found and deleted 6 infected files one of them was a trojanmuldrop 82882 (the numbers may be incorrect as i cant remember for sure)
any help will be much appreciated - heres my hjt log.

resolved
it was orbit downloader addons causing the problems, and seems to be fine now its uninstalled.

Edited by valveman, 01 January 2009 - 01:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hello valveman,

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad that your computer problems have been fixed. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users