Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't connect wirelessly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dborns

Dborns

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

I have an HP laptop running windows vista. I've used the wlan on it to wirelessly connect to the net for along time with no problems. Yesterday, I hooked it up to an ethernet cord connected to my router so that I could do some work on both computers at the same time. The laptop would then not connect to the internet. When I unhooked it and turned the wlan back on, it was showing the red X on the bottom right and would not connect to the net. If I click on connect to a network, it shows my wireless network is connected but has limited access. In Network and Sharing Center, its showing a red X between the computer and the internet. When I diagnose the problem, I get three suggestions:
"The network adapter "Intel Pro/ 100 Network Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues"
"Make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct", and
"The network adapter "Intel Pro/ Wireless 3945abg Network Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues".
I've tried reconnecting the ethernet cord to get on the net but then it only shows three ways to connect, dial up and my two sprint card connections.

Any ideas?
Dylan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dborns

Dborns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I've been doing some work on the computer and here is more info that hopefully will help with a solution. When I turn the wlan on and go to the Network and Discovery, I see my wireless network but it shows "Connected with limited access". I'm still unable to connect to the internet. However, when I use my Sprint card I am able to connect to the net. So it must be something to do with my wlan? When I go to Device Manager, it shows the wireless network connection is working correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users