Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

norton removal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wantone

wantone

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

hi all,
my norton subscription has just ran out and im not planing on renewing it this time!
do i simply select
start/all programs/norton int security/ uninstall.. to remove norton completly or should i do more? sorry im abit green

i m also running AVG free 8 + spybot s&d, ad-aware, spywareblaster, malwarebytes along with the norton at the moment will this lot have me covered if i now remove the norton?

ian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

Take a look here wantone, http://service1.symantec.com/support/tsgen...39?OpenDocument you should be OK :thumbsup:

Edited by The weatherman, 01 January 2009 - 07:13 AM.

#3 wantone

wantone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

thanks for the link weatherman
i was asked after the removale prosses to switch on my wndows firewall?
is this all i need to protect myself? any other settings to my other anti-virus programes i need to alter?

thanks again ian

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hi Ian, yes you need your firewall on but the windows one isn't up to much.
Take a read through this it should help you decide what you need.
As for your anti-virus, I'm unsure. :thumbsup:

#5 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

The list of free firewalls in the article seems to be rather old. Comodo and Online Armor seem to be the most popular ones now, mainly because of their strong outbound protection and they are not even mentioned.
James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users