Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

some webpages doesn't load

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:45 AM

im using windows xp home and i have loading some websites on firefox/ie....and also google chrome...some websites just doesn't load....
it just stucks in loading....in my firefox add-on plugins......i can see shockwave flash installed but i cannot find flash player...are they the same?
heres how it stucks...Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

Hi Dylanz Of Dylanz,

What firewall are you using? Will the Adobe page load if you disable your firewall temporarily?

If that doesn't work, what are your settings if you open Firefox, go to Tools / Options and click on Content and on Security?

In Content, are all 4 options checked at the top of the tab?
In Security, is it checked to give you a warning if add-ons are added?

Zllio

#3 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

im using avg...tried to disable the resident shield and it still doesn't load....in my firefox settings >content all 4 options are checked...
>security i checked the give warning if add-ons are installed option...the adobe page loaded quite normal,but the are other websites which it didn't load with the same problem....

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:00 AM

Just seen someone having a similar problem with Firefox on the Comodo Forums. The advice given there was to uninstall Java from Add/Remove Programs list and delete any Firewall rules pertaining to Java. On reboot download and re-install Java and ok any Firewall popups. Might be worth a try in your case as well.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#5 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

there are java in add/remove programs list but there are no remove button.....

#6 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

Hi Dylanz of Dylanz,

Please see the following article, which gives some information on how to proceed if you can't use add-remove programs to uninstall Java.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml

Please post back if this helps.

Zllio

#7 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:20 AM

followed your instructions and removed java,in add/remove programs java is gone,but i can still see all the java files in C folder,and i tested my java version at java website its still there....

#8 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

i think i reinstalled,but its still the same...when i load webpage,it doesn't load.....
Posted Image
it stuck like this only on some websites....some other websites are loading very fine.....
could this be router problem or?because im using 4 port modem,and i used the laptop to connect,still same....

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

If Java has not been completely removed, use JavaRa. See info in link below.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...us/JavaRa.shtml
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#10 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

problem still exists,seems to be out of solution....

#11 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hi Dylanz Of Dylanz,

Several additional thoughts:

Did you say it doesn't matter which computer you use on the router, you are still having the same problem with the websites you're trying to load? If so, then the first thing you should try is to take the laptop to another place where you can use a wireless connection (any hotspot like a library or a friend's with a wireless connection), and see if you can load the websites there. If you can't load the pages at another place and other people can, then I think the problem must be in your computer. If you can load them there, then you should look at your router/modem/ISP for possible problems.

Secondly, is this a new problem? If it is relatively new, you may be able to get around it by going to a previous restore point from before the problem started. If you've never done this before, Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore check the box to Restore my computer to an earlier time and click on Next. You'll see a calendar with highlighted dates. Choose one of the dates just preceeding these problems and allow your system to return to that date. See if the problem goes away.
If this doesn't work, go back into System Restore as per the above instructions, only this time choose the option to reverse the change you made.

Do you have Spybot Search & Destroy? If so, please deactivate Teatimer while you're working on any changes to your computer, as Teatimer ensures that your settings will not be changed. This can create the situation that no matter how many times you make a change to your computer, Teatimer will change it back. If you need them, the instructions for disabling Teatimer are in the quote box:

To disable Teatimer:

• Open Spybot S&D
  • Click Mode, choose Advanced Mode
  • Go To the bottom of the Vertical Panel on the Left, Click Tools
  • then, also in left panel, click Resident which shows a red/white shield.
  • If your firewall raises a question, say OK
  • In the Resident protection status frame, Uncheck the box labeled Resident "Tea-Timer"(Protection of over-all system settings) active
  • OK any prompts.
  • Use File, Exit to terminate Spybot

Try disabling all your addons in Firefox by going to Tools and click on Addons. Then disable each one.

Also, please note: if you uninstalled Java and did not reboot before installing the new one, you will need to uninstall it again, reboot and then reinstall it.

And finally, here is a website where you can troubleshoot flashplayer: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_19166

Sometimes blocked sites are actually blocked, either by a security setting or by a parental control or by a change to the hosts file. What webpages are they? I can't see the bottom of your screenshot clearly, but the bottom of the browser gives some information as to what point the webpage was able to load to before it got interrupted. Does it simply stay at the point of trying to connect?

It will help us to know what solution you ultimately find.
Zllio

#12 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

im not free right now,but i can tell that when i trying to load that page,at the bottom of the browser it doesn't show the green loading bar..

#13 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

i used javara and clicked remove older version.but later i click check for update it says i have the latest version.

#14 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

Hi Dylanz Of Dylanz,

Please check the lower left-hand corner of the browser and see what it says when the page is not loading. I can see it in your screenshot, but I can't read it. You don't have to make another screenshot, just tell me what it says. It might say connecting to such and such a website. Or it might say Done.

Please let me know this when you post back about the instructions in post #11. Also, which specific websites are you having trouble loading? Your screenshot is of Adobe, but you wrote: "the adobe page loaded quite normal, but the are other websites which it didn't load with the same problem...."

Which webpages are not loading for you?

I'm not sure which application you are using, but there's a good free screenshot application which allows you to do specific screenshots like rectangular areas, called FastStone Image Viewer. If you are interested, you can get it here: http://www.faststone.org/

Zllio

Edited by Zllio, 04 January 2009 - 05:12 AM.

#15 Tehsplink

Tehsplink

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:08 AM

Click the top black bit to see the full image ;)
I wont intrude into your topic, however the websites Icon is loading so it may well be a router problem.

(Just wanted to tell you to click the black bit ;) )
Please PM me if i have been assisting you and do not reply for 24 hours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users