Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Daryl19

Daryl19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hi, I have been getting random blue screen's and it auto restarts my computer randomly.. It happens randomly at different times , sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.
I managed to caught what it was before it restarted and it was something like
"DRIVER_IRQL(Or I*QL)_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It was something like that, I have no idea what it means so is there anything I can do? Maybe update the specific driver so it does not crash on me so often again?

I have kaspersky Internet security installed(Paid) and apparently it doesn't detect any virus whatsoever. So I'm presuming it's my drivers, just unsure which to upgrade.

Thank you very much for your help much appreciated.
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

To enable vision of the BSOD screen, you can Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

Then post the exact error message as it appears.

You can also take a look in Event Viewer and see if you can spot any errors noted which coincide with the times of your initial BSOD. Ignore information items in Event Viewer and just focus on errors. If you find one, double-click on that item and post the details of that item in the forum.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users