Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

high vga temperature

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 janouelle

janouelle

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

Graphic card high temperature?
hello
I'm having a small issue with my 9800 gx2
the problem is with the card temperature
GPU1: 73 degree GPU2: 70 Degree that's when my PC is idle
While playing games its goes up to 95 degree for GPU 1 and 98 For GPU 2 i don't think that's a safe temperature ?? the fan speed is set to be 45% witch is around 1400 rpm (stock settings) i raised the fan speed to 70% while the PC is Idle and 100% while playing games it dropped about 9 degree but as soon i raised the fan speed my PC Start rebooting itself and while playing games such as call of duty 5 some smoke pop up like flashing and the only way to stop the PC from rebooting is to reformat it and it keep restart after reformat until i install my card's driver after all that everything seems to be fine unless if i raise again the card's fan speed to cool it down so with the stock settings of the card here's my both GPU temperature 73 and 70 degree Idle 95 and 98 degree while playing games ???????????
note : temperature are in Celcius

How i'm supposed to cool it down???

Edited by janouelle, 31 December 2008 - 09:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

Celcius or Farenheit ?
My GPU is pretty idle right now at 100.4F.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Celcius

#4 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

I've contact nvidia yesterday and they replied today saying that this temperature is pretty high and some people says it's normal ????

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

One of the major problems with the 9800 GX2 is the heat it produces. The case should have very good cooling, given the design of the card. Here's a link with more information. Some posters at the NVidia forums are talking about the same thing, here.

3939.png

#6 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

I'm providing a good cooling system
i've got the cooler master cm690
i got 7 fans installed all of them 120X120 and im using the best brand of fans its called noctua made in Austria each one cost 30 dollars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users