Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burn speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fivelitre

fivelitre

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

My girlfriend just recently got HP DVD 1040i DVD Drive.

http://www.nextag.com/HP-DVD1040I-DVD-Driv...7061/specs-html

When she goes to burn a movie it sometimes only burns at .67x

However, it never reaches above 3-4x speed

What causes the slow burn? I use the same program as her and have no problems. and her DVD drive states it will copy much faster than .67x

Is it a hardware issue or something else?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

Simple stuff first: Are you in DMA mode, or PIO? Did you use an 80 conductor cable to connect the drive to the MOBO? What brand of DVDs are you burning? Is the DVD burner on it's own channel?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users