Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't download win98fix.zip

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alimo

Alimo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

Hi there, I'm having trouble downloading the win98fix.zip file, which is referred to in the self help guide for removing CWS. I keep getting this message

HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site.

Help would be much appreciated as it might save me putting a brick through the computer!

Cheers

Ali

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hi, Alimo - welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I checked the Brinkster site and it wouldn't let me download, but I had no problem downloading from the link on This Bleeping Computer Page.

See if that works any better. Do you have a program to unzip it? If not, you can get Winzip from This Location.

#3 Alimo

Alimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:29 AM

Cheers for the welcome Herk.

I've tried the link on the self help guide and it gives me the same message. Any other idea?

Thanks

Ali

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

Dunno. Here, try the link here.

Brinkster Link

Do you have a popup blocker? If so, try holding down the control key while you click on the link.

#5 Alimo

Alimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

No success. Fortunately some combination of the self help guide, several different anti virus programmes and the cws shredder seem to have removed the problem. CPU still running pretty slow, but no hijacking going on.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users