Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to find where to buy computer fan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BobLewiston

BobLewiston

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

I need to replace a small (@ 44 millimeter or 1.75 inch) fan in my computer, but I can't find the fan on the internet. It's made by Aopen (yes, I tried their website). For some reason, it says "sleeve bearing" on the fan. (I don't know why, it's a fan, not a sleeve bearing.) Of course, it runs on 12 DC volts.

Does anyone know how I can find this fan?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

The fan has a sleeve bearing, vs ball bearings. Ball bearings are usually on higher quality fans. Are you sure it isn't a 40mm fan(the actual fan diameter)? I have never run across a 44mm fan.

Newegg has a pretty large selection, select case fans and select size and browse. The connector type will be listed as well (molex/3pin/4pin etc.)

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 BobLewiston

BobLewiston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

attention, dpunisher:

Maybe it is a 40 mm fan. I got 44 mm by measuring (diagonally) from the center of one mounting bolt to another.

Pardon the ignorant question, but what is "molex"?

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

Molex connectors are the Power in to CD, DVD, and Hard Drives (about 3/4" long, 1/4" tall, white plastic usually , 4 connections)

best bet is find a local PC store, you can take your's in and match it up to another besides shipping on a fan is almost as much as the fan usually is.

Posted Image

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....0&name=40mm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Pardon the ignorant question, but what is "molex"?

Not an ignorant question, if you don't know the information.

"Molex connector is the vernacular term for a two-piece "pin and socket" interconnection",

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users