Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nv4 disp getting stuck in an infinite loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billy bones

billy bones

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

I have a BFG 6800gt oc video card that never has worked right. The problem is the nv4 display drivers get suck in an infinite loop, first my computer will freeze then go to a blue screen that says windows has shut down to prevent serious damage to my system. I have been having this problem for a while. I have called BFG TECH and they give me a rma and send me a new card, after 3 cards I have come to believe that it is a software problem and not the card itself. I have updated the nvidia drivers, updated my chipset drivers. I have reformatted my harddrive too.
I have a spare 6200 video card that works fine except it isn't good for gaming as I have to run the graphics on the lowest setting.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

Are you using windows XP or Vista? How big is your power supply? I assume these are both PCI-E? Does the 6800 Gt post Ok (can you see the bios screen)? Will it run in Safe Mode?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 billy bones

billy bones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

I am running xp pro with service pack 3, I have a 480 watt power supply, they are agpx8 (yup old school) yes it will run in safe mode. I'm not sure what you mean by: Does the 6800 Gt post Ok. If you mean does window detect a conflict with the hardware then no it says it's ok. Sorry for not being more clear.
I also get this in the blue screen: Stop: 0x000000EA, 0x86602c40, 0x8654D9D0, 0xF7C6ACBC, 0x00000003.
Thanks again -bones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users