Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello there

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tato Spud

Tato Spud

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

Greetings,

I just wanted to intro myself.

I am a sales engineer for a company specializing in power electronic components - typically high power.

Our company is small and as the youngest employee the pc /ITquestions tend to be directed towards me. I like being able to help my boss and co-workers, but I am very much a rookie when it comes to IT. I found this website and thought it could help resolve issues that arise. From perusing some of the posts I may be in over my head, but it doesn't hurt to try to learn new things. I will try to follow the physicians' creed of do no harm when it comes to digging in too deeply on our pcs.

I like to play Ultimate frisbee & disc golf (less Ultimate these days). I also enjoy canoeing, camping and try to get at least one backpacking trip in each year. My family and I are involved with our church and help out with kids & youth activities.

Best regards,

Tato

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

Hello there Tato, welcome to Bleeping Computer. It's good to see you here. :thumbsup:

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hello, Tato.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

As far as, "being in over your head", I wouldn't worry about that, too much.
BC is geared towards the novice user, so if there's anything you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask for clarification.
That's the only way, your going to learn. :thumbsup:

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users