Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting old user account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sherrylynne

sherrylynne

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

Quick question. I successfully created a new user account on my computer, and have copied and transferred all pertinent business and personal information. Before I delete my old user account, is there anything I need to worry about transferring to the new one, ie anything important to the running of said computer? And yes, I set up an administrative account.
Also, I seem to remember when I first got the computer, I had to list a "name" for the computer. This name is the same as my old user account. Would this cause any problems when the account is deleted? Silly question, I know, but I truly don't know the answer, and would rather ask someone and sound like an idiot, then do something stupid, and try to repair the damage later! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

The computer's "name" doesn't have anything to do with the user accounts *pedophile :thumbsup:*. Your computer will function just fine after you delete your old account, just make sure you got everything you wanted off of it. To delete it, *pedophile :trumpet:* Make sure you are logged on to a different account than the one you want to delete, then go to
Start -> control panel -> User accounts -> click the account you want to delete -> click "delete account" -> follow any prompts to delete the account.

*Pedophile, pedophile, pedophile :flowers:* <----Inside joke for any of you people going "WTF is he talking about?"

#3 sherrylynne

sherrylynne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

The computer's "name" doesn't have anything to do with the user accounts *pedophile :thumbsup:*. Your computer will function just fine after you delete your old account, just make sure you got everything you wanted off of it. To delete it, *pedophile :inlove:* Make sure you are logged on to a different account than the one you want to delete, then go to
Start -> control panel -> User accounts -> click the account you want to delete -> click "delete account" -> follow any prompts to delete the account.

*Pedophile, pedophile, pedophile :trumpet:* <----Inside joke for any of you people going "WTF is he talking about?"

You are an absolute brat :flowers: ! How on earth does your mother deal with you!
And thank you for the info!

Edited by sherrylynne, 31 December 2008 - 11:21 AM.

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:31 AM

Meh, I don't do much at home to annoy her. I vent on here :thumbsup: or when out with friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users