Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help networking w/usb 720 and belkin wifi router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 squirlyboo

squirlyboo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:59 PM

OK , i have previously setup a working home-network on my old PC with xp. i networked it with my husbands gateway laptop..

well i got hit with a ton of viruses and ended up reformatting my PC and losing all of my stored info.

i cant for the life of me figure out where i got the instructions on how to setup a home network , i have been looking everywhere and for some reason just cant find what i was needing. arggg..

i am using a new PC and laptop (both with vista )i got for Xmas.

i need step by step instructions for networking my PC and laptops using a usb 720 with a belkin g+ with mimo router .. now as i said before i miraculously set one up on my old system , and i worked well. just cant remember how i did it.. please help this frazzled mother who's kids want to play online while i'm looking up recipes ... I'm about to go nuts...

thanks in advance
also i have avg and norton 360 i want to make sure i am protected and my network is also what more can i do to protect my system ?

Manda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

The problem with Norton 360 is that it can block a lot of network connectivity. Norton is also known as the "System Killer". Make sure they are both on the same workgroup, and try to disable norton 360 and see if the other PC comes up in the network.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users