Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"even the longest journey must begin from where you stand"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

greetings. i an seeing , from the site,
" howstuffworks search results for: internet , The Function of an Internet Router, An Internet router is a specialized computer that determines where to send your Internet messages.For more information, read How Routers Work."

problem, a blank page.
example, when requesting a web page, iGoogle my personalized Google page, the page returns yet has no function within that page. example, opening the game site named pogo and onto https://www.pogo.com/action/pogo/signin.do, having a same lack of function, after an acceptable signing in, again no function within the next web page. which is the page forward in-to the game site, where at that place it is as if the mouse does not have a connection to links on the page. a zen site named osho, a blank page. useless sign in for aolmail, no function at aol. windows' automatic download, maybe in working order although some microsoft sites may or may not function. is the problem, routing?... 1. Using a topic title that explains the problem you are having, rather than €š€œHELP!!!!€š

windows xp ie8 beta2 10/27/08 , i believe it was stable and enjoyable.
system changes from ie7 or new installations , if email is a temporary installation then, email from within pogo site before the problem happened...although experiences seem to have gone awry on or about the time of pogo and or igoogle webpage visits, this a sidebar however, is not on point within this place and time. hijacked homepages and yes uninstalling zonealarm was also difficult. toolbars...google, yahoo, MSN, searchperks, live toolbar, zonealarm, wot. pogo's help page for java and popups, did not function for me. uninstall java and shockwave, for reinstalls and those elements seem to be downloaded, yet it did not have at function. adobe flash did not show the information-bar upon completion plus openoffice downloaded with java is uninstallable. attyahoo hompage, although is in somewhat working order, was not more than a homepage picture until 7-10 days ago. is a hijacked homepage, a routing problem? 2. Explain your question or problem with as many details as necessary.

called help line for windows, kindness helpfulness was their cornerstone. in connecticut the internet helper finding the lack of homepage function perplexing exchanged modems and calling for trouble code assistance 3-4 times to obtain service, those repair dates with assistance occured two weeks ago. scans...uotrace, malwarebytes, hyjackthis, cccleaner, spybot, spyblaster, a-squared, bhodemon, advast antivirus i having added also adding another person plus an administrator person. use of the run function when asked by windows' phone assistance. this day, dec 30 08, the ultima online trace utility for a link host search of www.pogo.com reveals, pinging...link to *unknown host* is excellent... the trace route, 14 hops, successful...also poll of 40, ( hop #1 home dark-shield, hop#3 dark-shield * 100%loss*. is the problem, routing?? 3. Include any steps you have taken already.

routing? 4. When you post, it makes sense to follow the rule: one problem, one post.

5. Double check the information you are supplying.

6. Not being aware of scientists 'proving' it cannot fly, the bumblebee succeeds under "the power of its own ignorance". yes i too do have my own ignorance, therefore my leap of faith has enabled me to reach you.

happy new year and happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Edited by tg1911, 31 December 2008 - 02:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

Err.....? I'm lost :thumbsup:

#3 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:30 PM

this computer is requesting a web site, for example, a web site named, " igoogle." after log on to my home page, igoogle, my home page, has no function?

#4 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

that i may be nondescript and to that am i that you are lost

#5 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

the ultima online trace utility for a link host search of www.pogo.com reveals, pinging...link to *unknown host* is excellent... the trace route, 14 hops, successful...also after poll of 40, ( hop #1 home dark-shield, hop#3 dark-shield * 100%loss*.) might that occurance return of a blank web page? if so , is there a known work around? i am writing for a friend, a friend for which a computer equals games sites , like pogo, or email, and current events.

#6 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

after reading 34 pages within this windows xp topic, i am most lucky to have a complex problem.
so close your eyes and imagine.
you are sitting infront of your favoritekeyboard connection to the web.
you sign on and your home page appears.
lets call your home page, www.google.com/ig/dell
you now type into the address bar, "live.com" and press enter.
to the new web page, www.live.com,
you find these properties:

Live Search
HyperText Transfer Protocol
HTML Document
Not Encrypted
http://www.live.com/
25049 bytes
12/31/2008

at the web page , is a white page where a photo is seen usually.

what is the cause of that, a web page minus a photo at www.live.com?
where else a white page might occur is, START>HELP and SUPPORT
a white page, when, opening securitycenter of mcafee
why could that occur?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

I believe that we are having difficulty understanding your computer problem.
Is the problem that you cannot connect to a web page? Particularly that of http://www.live.com
Is the problem that you get a white page with nothing showing on it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

usasma, thank you.

#9 Lurch'sComputer

Lurch'sComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

thank you usasma, and i am thankful for your kindness shown in responding. thank you.

explaining, a problem, in 25 words or less. here goes...

the person, who the computer belongs to, has not been able to play in a game site. pogo, is the game site.
the pogo home page allows sign in however after sign in and selection of game, for example mahjong garden, to enter a game or a game room does not occur.
i am not sure , here in this forum, this is a proper place for a response to a problem like this. the pogo-problem, might not be the only problem yet this forum states, one problem at a time, so i am hoping to stay on point.

the pogo help page seems useless to me so , i must be doing something incorrect.

usasma , thanks for giving this a read...

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

We'll work with you to the best of our ability. Thank you for being patient with us.
I believe that POGO requires either Java or Javascript - and I'm not all that familiar with them.

While waiting for someone with more knowledge to comment, try this free program to re-register the files associated with Java: http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix
In particular, try checking all the boxes in section 5
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users