Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Star Wars Episode III

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

OK, so I am number 10 in line for Star Wars Episode III in a local theater(literally, my ticket has a big "10" on it. . I just bought the ticket. I saw ALL of the movies in the theater (I was 4 when Ep IV came out) and wish to continue the tradition. I know I'm going on the first day and I could have gone later, but my brother and I hae been competing about who sees movies first.... I win this time.

I was in line and saw a creature that I thought only existed in cruel jokes. An older balding man who was breathing heavily through his mouth with thick glasses and a star wars t-shirt (no lie). I could be speculating, but I think he lives with his Mom. I had a nightmare thought run through my head. Am I a geek? Not the respected PC geek, but the mom's basement downloading pictures of whatever WB spawned teen angst haven't had a date since Prom (and she was my cousin :thumbsup:) sort of geek?

Please someone else tell me you're going to see Episode III tonight? PLEASE!?!?!
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

Yup, you're a geek. I'm going to wait a few weeks until the crowds thin out a bit....
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

Geek for sure!
Was your cousin at least hot? j/k :thumbsup:

I'm not even going to see it. Loved the first 3 but haven't liked one bit the last 2 so i'm not going to see the last one.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:47 PM

Episode 3?????
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:51 PM

OK, the cousin was an example! I went with my girlfriend of two years.... then we broke up two weeks later.

Yep Episode 3.

As long as i'm the well liked and respected PC Geek :thumbsup: and not the other Geek :flowers: , thas ok

:trumpet:

Edited by efizzer, 18 May 2005 - 12:51 PM.

Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#6 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

Don't see any of the replies saying "PC Geek" :thumbsup:
and FYI i don't see anything about an "Example" changing your story eh? :flowers:
Grats on beating your brother. who did he go to Prom with? :trumpet:
:inlove: I'm just being a dork ignore me! :cool:

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:52 PM

Yup, your a geek. And someday you'll look like the "creature that I thought only existed in cruel jokes. An older balding man who was breathing heavily through his mouth with thick glasses and a star wars t-shirt (no lie)". And live in your Mom's basement.

:thumbsup:

I'll wait til it comes out on TV. I already look like that. :flowers:

I'm just being a dork ignore me! 

Me too.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:52 PM

I only liked the orginal 3. I'll go to see this new one (even tho I haven't seen the recent 2), in about a few weeks to let the crowds thin out too. I think this may even beat the "Matrix Reloaded," world record for the largest turn-out.

#9 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:54 PM

God... the cruelty.....
Posted Image

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

OK, so I am number 10 in line for Star Wars Episode III in a local theater(literally, my ticket has a big "10" on it. . I just bought the ticket. I saw ALL of the movies in the theater (I was 4 when Ep IV came out) and wish to continue the tradition. I know I'm going on the first day and I could have gone later, but my brother and I hae been competing about who sees movies first.... I win this time.

I was in line and saw a creature that I thought only existed in cruel jokes. An older balding man who was breathing heavily through his mouth with thick glasses and a star wars t-shirt (no lie).  I could be speculating, but I think he lives with his Mom.  I had a nightmare thought run through my head. Am I a geek? Not the respected PC geek, but the mom's basement downloading pictures of whatever WB spawned teen angst haven't had a date since Prom (and she was my cousin :thumbsup:) sort of geek?

Please someone else tell me you're going to see Episode III tonight? PLEASE!?!?!

OK I guess someone has to stick up for you and be on your side.

You were in line the first day of release.

Because of a competion with your brother.

Completly sane and normal behavior for two siblings. Especially brothers. Believe me I know. I have 3.

Are you elder?

Balding?

Do you breathe heavily through your mouth?

Are you a wearer of thick glasses?

And lastly, do you live in your Mothers basement?

If you have answered no to these. Then there is hope for you yet. :flowers:

I'd even let you slide on the t-shirt thing. That by itself, wouldn't be that big of a deal. :trumpet:

I may watch the movie. But as always I will wait for it to come out on cable. My home has a smoking section. And the snacks are much cheaper. P.J.'s allowed. A nice comfy sofa. Plus, I can pause and rewind. Great for bathroom breaks. :inlove:
Posted Image

#11 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Actually, I'm the middle child, I shave my head (voluntarily bald), and moved out of my parents house when I was 22. I think the only t-shirt I have that has any images on it is a Dogpile.com shirt I got for free from doing a survey for them a while ago. My wife told me I'm nuts, but I'm hoping Lucas redeems himself in part 3. i'll let y'all know tomorrow.
Posted Image

#12 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

I may watch the movie. But as always I will wait for it to come out on cable. My home has a smoking section. And the snacks are much cheaper. P.J.'s allowed. A nice comfy sofa. Plus, I can pause and rewind. Great for bathroom breaks. :thumbsup:

If you would have asked me a few months ago I would have said the same thing. I usually don't rush out on a big movie (except Meet the Fockers, now that was pure genius :flowers: ) just to see it. I usually try to forget about it, and just wait for it to come out on VHS/DVD or even on the cable (Time-Warner; onDemand thing).

#13 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:41 AM

2:45 a.m. going to bed with the satisfaction that Lucas (in my eyes) has redeemed himself. Goodnight all. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#14 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:50 AM

As for Star Wars. Me and mine love it. When it came out I never saw it. I never saw Star Wars Trilogy until my eldest son got the movies and I really loved them. I liked Episode I... that was good. Episode II was a snore. I took a nap. I am hoping Episode III will keep me awake and interested.

I am going to make darn sure that I have no basement for my son to live in. hehehe

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#15 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:18 AM

(Sung to the tune of Do-Re-Mi. For Star Wars fans only.)

Lando, a man, a scoundrel man. Ray, a beam shot from a gun. Shmi, a slave who had a son

Fa, a galaxy fa, fa away. Solo, a smuggler running spice. Leia, a princess who looks nice.

Tie, a fighter that shoots twice. That will bring us back to ...

:thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users