I am currently waiting for microsoft to help me (no charge).If you had it installed or partially installed,There is a program that will delete any left overs so you can start fresh.(in case of a corrupt file)
Microsoft sent me a copy of this file.If you want it let me know.
Here is the email microsoft sent me. copy and past these links to your browser.They might help you!!
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Support Service. My name is Daniel, and I am glad to work with you. For your reference, the case ID for this service request is SRX1090929181ID. You can contact me by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the case ID in the subject line.
I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your support request. Please be assured that you have successfully contacted the Microsoft support team and I will be working with you to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
From your description, I understand that we are unable to download and install Silverlight with error code 0x4B3 error through Windows Update. If there has been any misunderstanding, please let me know.
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that I will do my best to help you.
After my deep research, I find that our issue may occur by the cause of the Sliverlight components are corrupted and we do not clean them completely.
Based on the current situation, I suggest we perform my suggestion to remove all the files of the silverlight and reinstall it to fix the issue. letís try the following tools to remove Silverlight. If these tools do not work, we need to remove the relevant system files and registry keys manually.
Check with Cleanup Utility:
1.Please download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup utility from this link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9...1BD/msicuu2.exe
Note: although it is released as a Microsoft Office update, it can be used to fix Windows Installer.
2. Then, please run it from "Start" then "All Programs" then "Windows Install Clean Up".
3. Please select Silverlight and click Remove if it is listed.
Before installing Microsoft Silverlight in Windows XP, please refer to the following link for detailed system requirements:
Microsoft Silverlight System Requirements http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/syste...quirements.aspx
After checking the system requirements, I suggest we perform the following steps to download and install Microsoft Silverlight.
1. Download Microsoft Silverlight from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/install.aspx
Note: By clicking the "Install Now" button to start the download, please save the file "Silverlight.1.0.exe" on the Desktop.
2. Double click the downloaded file "Silverlight.1.0.exe" on the Desktop to install Microsoft Silverlight.
3. After completing the installation, we will se the message "Microsoft Silverlight has been installed on your computer" on the screen.
Please try the above steps and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. Is our issue resolved? If the issue persists, I need to collect some more information to help us to narrow down the cause of the issue and fix it. Please follow the steps below to collect the information.
Screenshot of the error message
1. When the error message appears, please press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click "Start", click "Run", type "mspaint", and click "OK".
3. In Paint, click Paste under the Edit Menu, click Save under the File menu, type a file name for the screenshot, choose JPEG as "Save as type", click "Desktop" on the left pane, and click Save.
4. Please find the screenshot on the Desktop and send it as an attachment to: email@example.com
Microsoft Silverlight log files
1. Click "Start", "Run", enter "%temp%" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
2. Locate the files SilverlightUIxxxx.txt and SilverlightMSIxxxx.txt in the opened folder.
3. Please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further research.
Note: When attaching files to emails, the process will vary depending on the email application being used. While you are composing the email, most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select it by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking on the "Attach" button.
If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me. I am looking forward to your reply.
Microsoft Customer Support Services