Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

May I post a ComboFix log here?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 hibleeping

hibleeping

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

I suffered a spyware attack, ran a HijackThis scan, and posted the log on another site for analysis. The staff at the other site then advised me to run ComboFix and post my log. The other site is now down (it has been down all day) and I can't post my log to it or get further help from the staff there. Can someone here analyze my log? I still notice malware symptoms on my computer.

Thanks

Edited by hibleeping, 30 December 2008 - 04:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

Hello hibleeping and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

I'm shifting your query here to the Am I Infected forum as you haven't posted any logs. As for your question, as Galadriel stated in response to your first topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190664/lavasoft-support-site-is-down-anyone-know-for-how-long/ Lavasoft is working to resolve the issue. While it may be a couple days before they are back up, frankly you will receive assistance a lot faster there since you are already in the disinfection process there already.

Further, if you were to continue here instead, we would need to get all the prior information, logs, etc. from you as well as full descriptions of what had been done already in order to assist you, and it could very likely be up to 10 days and possibly longer before you got a response because of the very large number of logs we have right now. For the sake of continuity of the disinfection process and a much shorter wait period, I would continue at the LavaSoft forum where your disinfection process is already underway. I'm certain the issues LavaSoft is experiencing will be resolved within a day or two.

I wish you the best of luck with the disinfection process. I know that you are frustrated and want your computer fixed as soon as possible. I truly think that waiting for the LavaSoft forums to come back up is your best option at this point.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you have other questions regarding this, please post them in your initial topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190664/lavasoft-support-site-is-down-anyone-know-for-how-long/

Thank you,

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users