Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicktime popup alert.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 atapp21

atapp21

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

I think I got some kind of bug but I don't what it is or how to get rid of it. I keep getting this Quicktime alert stating " Some of your QuickTime software is out of date. You can fix this problem by updating to the latest version." And then the 2 options given are cancel or do it now. When you press "cancel" the pop up goes away only to return again. When you press "Do It Now" I get a response stating can not update server down. Now I have uninstalled Quicktime and the problem seem to go away but as you may now I had to reinstall Quick time to get certain computer functions to work. The problem came back. I also believe this has affected both my CD and DVD drives from playing movies. Now I've updated and ran my Norton Internet Security and it comes up with nothing. I've cleaned, defragged, and uninstalled unused programs but I can't get rid of this nasty little pop up. Also I'm running OS Microsoft XP on my Dell Dimension 4550 desktop. What do I do next, Help please?
Yours Truly,
Tapdiggity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hi try this method..
Uninstall QuickTime from Conyrol Panel>Add/Remove Programs.
Then check and deletethe directory c:\windows\system32\QuickTime
and remove the following files in c:\windows\system32 directory
QTIM32.DLL
QTOLE32.DLL
QTMWCI32.DLL
QuickTimeMusicalInstruments.qtx

Now reinstall QuickTime. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 atapp21

atapp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.
Yours Truly,
Tapdiggity

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

You're welcome!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users