Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

high resolution, large screen lcd monitors/tvs?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zaroba

zaroba

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

does anybody know of any large size, high resolution lcd monitors?
by 'high resolution' i don't mean like 1920x1200. i mean more like 3840 x 2400 or higher.

i know a few companies have a 22" 3840 x 2400. but its only 22". something i would love is something along the lines of a 42" with a resolution of 3840 x 2400 or higher. maybe even 5760x3600. a large screen size while maintaining the image quality and desktop space that a similarly sized multi-monitor setup would give.

Case: Fractal Design Define XL | OS: Windows 10 - 64bit | Monitor: 3x 22" widescreen LCD
Ram: 16 gb ddr3 | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970
HDs: 64gd ssd, 2tb Seagate Barracuda | Mobo: ASUS P8P67 LE
CPU: Intel Core i5 - 2500 @ 3.3GHz| PSU: 850Watt Thermaltake Black Widow

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

Once you get into resolutions that high, you leave most commercial monitors behind. You will need to go to a vendor that sells specialty monitors (often to graphic artists and architects) and be willing to spend thousands of dollars. What you're wanting is a WQSXGA, QUXGA, or WQUXGA monitor that is of a very large size and is extremely expensive. Most monitors using that type of resolution are only available with 22 inch or so monitors, some even require certain graphics cards, often a workstation Quadro card, for use. The largest high-resolution monitor on Newegg is the SAMSUNG SyncMaster 305T Black 30" with a resolution of 2560 x 1600, which isn't anywhere near what you're wanting.

Here is something that might explain it better, Wikipedia QXGA

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users