Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc lock ups

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 richymun4

richymun4

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

over the last couple of days my pc has started to freeze on start up when you get the apps starting on the start bar near the clock i thought i would try and run sfc /scannow to see if any windows files needed replacing but it seems that every time i enter the command i get is not reconized as an internal or external command operable programe or batch file also ipconfig produces the same error is this link to why my pc is freezing i have not installed any software lately nor hardware and i cant use system restore becuase i turned it off when i done a virus scan any ideas would be appreciated thanks richymun4. :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

I just get a head ache trying to read this without punctuation. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 richymun4

richymun4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

iam soory but we all cant be as literate as you thanks anyway....

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

Seriously, it would make it easier for others to read if you used proper punctuation, or any for that matter. We have members who don't use English as their primary language and this makes if difficult for them to understand. There are some that use translation software which will have trouble because of this as well.

Try running chkdsk.

Go to Start and click on My Computer.

Right click on the drive in which you want chkdsk to run. The C: drive is usually contains your operating system.

Click on Properties and click the Tools tab. In the Error-checking box, click the Check Now button.

Set up the Check Disk options by checking one or both check boxes displayed.

To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors, and then click Start.

To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors, and then click Start.

In your case I would check both boxes.

Edited by dc3, 30 December 2008 - 11:49 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

I have some pretty severe vision problems and cannot read a post such as yours (and it's why I didn't respond to it).

According to the forum rules (here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php )

When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

Thanks, in advance, for your cooperation in this matter.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 richymun4

richymun4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

Sorry i didn't relize you are right.As i got older i found that my spelling and grammer has become worse.I tried running check disk but it didn't seem to work.I found four Trogan Horses with Malwarebytes i have made a post in the virus and adware section.Or perhap's i was thinking i might have some corrupt system files thanks richymun4.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

After you've finished with the virus/Trojan removal - if you're still having problems just post back here and we'll continue where we left off.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users