Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yellow, Black screen of death?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steven5210

steven5210

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

So recently I don't know what happened, but when I try to play CS source the screen turns black. There's no sounds or anything and the computer doesn't seem to respond. Even if I play warcraft 3 and if I minimize it turns into a yellow screen. I can use the internet and almost anything else except play games. I just bought a new graphic card thinking it was the problem, but after joining a game in CS source it still gave me a black screen. My computer also seems to have problems starting up as when it powers on the screen doesn't show anything, it only works after a lot of retries.. I don't know if its the motherboard or something else that could be wrong. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

New card may draw more, I'd think PSU since you seem to also have trouble just getting it started.

I would try (temporarily) switching out the PSU to another system and/or installing a different PSU (temporarily) for comparative purposes.

Louis

#3 steven5210

steven5210
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

Thanks hamluis I swapped the PSU with my brother's and it seemed to do well. But the problem is when I swapped in my brother's graphic card the other day it also worked. That's why I bought the graphics card, but it could be possibly the PSU since everything else is mostly new in my computer.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hmmm...your brother's graphics card may require less power or draw less on the PS...which might account for that. I don't know, never had such a problem...just trying to guess logically.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users