Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Demoshield Player not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vmorris

vmorris

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

When trying to install new program (PhotoImpact Pro 13) it stops with notice the "DemoShield Player is not working'. What is the Demoshield, and how do I correct his problem. I've looked in several places for advice, and it seems like QuickTime and Demoshield are involved, but I can't get QT to uninstall, and can't find Demoshield. I'm not the most knowledgeable computer user, so will need suggestions as simple as possible... Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

(PhotoImpact Pro 13 Is this a trial version or paid-for?
Demoshield usually comes with game demos or free trials

You'll need to find out which demo is using the DemoShield Player and uninstall it using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. It could be a game, an office application or a presentation, usually something that needs the CD to be inserted to run. Have you accidentally left a CD in the drive?

The program that launches DemoShield Player is demo32.exe and is usually stored on the CD rather than the hard drive. Try searching for it on your hard drive (possibly Windows\Temp). If it's in a Program Files folder, it will probably be in a BIN folder. This will at least tell you which program is causing the problem and needs to be uninstalled.

www.techsupportforum.com/

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 vmorris

vmorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

Garmanma: Thanks for the suggestions. The PhotoImpactPro13 is a full $99.99 version. I checked it and it has files for both DemoShield and QuickTime programs. I'm looking through the other files you suggested as well, although I made this search based on similar suggestions from others. Couldn't find demo32.exe anywhere. I deleted temp files as suggested by someone else.

I might have left a disk of a game called lMYST URU Complete Chronicles in the drive sometime during the last few days. I've downloaded several other programs, including games, and so have plenty of places to look. I've uninstalle everything I could, but QT won't uninstall and a couple of the games still have a list in the program file, but won't let it be deleted although only the name seems to remain.

I really don't want to uninstall the MYST game because I'm 90% through it, about 3 months work.

I'll keep looking for the demo32 file. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

If you spent $100, I'd sure be calling their support:
http://www.ulead.com/tech/custservice.htm
They also have support forums where they should have some answers:
http://www.ulead.com/pi/communities.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 vmorris

vmorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

garmanma: Yes, I contacted the developers first; their response was to deselect everything in the startup file and try to load after rebooting. I did, with no change in demoshield resonse.

I'll check the other two sites you suggested.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users