Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Find out All about your pc Computer profiler!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:05 PM

I love this little gadget! You know your on this site and your new and you aint very pc wise and then a mod askes you"how much ram do you have"?. Well now you can answer what your pc has in it to the MODS and this site without no trouble. This profiler gives everything you need about your pc. Like all programs and cpu speed exc........
Well heres a link to the site! Good luck and hope its a big help!
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptprofiler.asp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:06 PM

Ps there are many more goodies on this site so check out the free programs!

#3 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

I like Karens site. I have had "clever keys" for a few months.

you can also learn lots about your computer including you product keys at "Belark" . Pitstop is good also.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:49 PM

Another good application is AIDA32, which has a new name, Everest Home Edition,

From the information provided:

It comes with a built-in hardware database and physical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disks, optical drives, chipset and much more. The information can be displayed on-screen, printed, or saved as a report in HTML or text format. The built in diagnostics module can help you find potential problems, by higlighting them in the report and also includes links to manufacturers web sites, driver updates and more. An easy to use report wizard allows you to create detailed reports in the format of your choice.

I have used AIDA32 for some time, and it has a TON of information:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:21 PM

Jgweed.......you understand AIDA32! Whoo hoo!! I downloaded it and the information/instructions because I heard it was getting hard to find. I was told I didn't have to install it, that it cauld be run from the zip. But I don't know how to "run from a zip". I also want to burn it to a CD but I've never done that either. So someday I'll ask for your advice.......one thing I can do. :thumbsup:

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:51 AM

AIDA32 i dont know what it is yet havent been to the link but i will download it since you says its getting hard to find! Hum........... O pcpitstop is excellent!!!!

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

It is not hard to find if you figure out its new name; since it took me some patience and time to find it, I thought I would post the new download link as a reference for other members. I know I use the application, by whichever name, at least once a week, if for no other reason to check fan speeds and heat.
Regards to all members,
John

#8 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:57 PM

Everest ....Is the new version of AIDA...........now I'm pretty much of an idiot when it comes to computers. What I do is lurk at security forums....it doesn't take long to realize the posting members that really know their stuff. There supposedly is some differences in the programs. One member commented they were in some ways like two different programs and the old one was getting hard to find as sites were taking it down. They also said they were going to copy it to Cd to help trouble shoot other peoples computers. They did point out the differences in detail, but it went way over my head. :thumbsup:

#9 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:38 PM

Everest Home installs as a 2.52 MB program in your Add or Remove programs list, and uninstalls just as easy. I'm pretty sure Aida32 was bought out, as the two are nearly identical.
My challenge is:
  • A) To understand all the information
  • :flowers: To learn what sections to edit and send to forums for further questions because:
  • C) The full report is about 432 KB's (fairly big) and
  • D) I think it would solve any questions about hardware modifications if both parties involved in a question "were on the same page"
  • E)and not all the info is needed for invidual questions about, say, networking, or memory upgrades
In my case, credit goes to BC Member Shibby for this cluebie clue. :trumpet: so I pass it on with thx :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

Ya! I think i will downlaod it sometime!?

#11 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

Since Everest Home is easy to install , I'd be better off using it. I like easy :thumbsup:

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:54 PM

Me tooo but it never happenes with a pc!

#13 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2004 - 03:23 AM

Boy aint that the truth!

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:29 AM

Kinda like hijackthis why cant it be smart or have detailed instructions on how to fix the things it found instead im going through training to read it at spywareforums! One day i can read them but for now i cant do anything for hijackthis.

#15 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:07 AM

The nice thing about either application is that it can save you opening up a case to find out what is, or is not, there; or what versions/programs/productkeys are installed without checking each program. Keeping the application on a disk, along with a "picture" of you own PC can save a lot of headaches.
Cheers,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users