Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FAULT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chicha1997

chicha1997

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

I get the black or blue screen with a bunch of numbers and this text.
FAULT-IN-NONPAGES-AREA. The blower in the ventilator is running (the only ventilator in the system); hard drive gets very warm.
Using win 2K service pack 4,mother board Asrock,processor AMD 2.4.
Can somebody help me? JL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:36 AM

Sounds like a hardware problem. Not my area of expertise. But I'll move you over to the hardware forum and maybe you can get some better help. :thumbsup:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#3 chicha1997

chicha1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:40 AM

Sounds like a hardware problem. Not my area of expertise. But I'll move you over to the hardware forum and maybe you can get some better help. :thumbsup:

Thanks Papakid JL

#4 computingelite

computingelite

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:24 AM

Firstly, I presume by "ventilator" you are referring to case fans? In which case you seriously need to rethink your system cooling, running today's hardware requires decent system cooling as a prerequisite.

As for the problem you are experiencing please refer to this thread

#5 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

It sounds suspiciously like a RAM issue. Depending on what setup you have for RAM you could check with the OS to see if you have the amount you are supposed to have. If you have a couple of stick (RAM) you could try them individually (i.e take them out and test them with a fresh reboot.) Let us know how you get on.
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

I have no idea what your problem is, but if you want to test the RAM:

There is a free RAM diagnostic called Memtest86 which you can download from here:
Memtest86

Use it to create a bootable floppy disk. When you reboot with that floppy in the drive it will automatically run a memory test. Let it run at least overnight and then examine the error count.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 chicha1997

chicha1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:45 AM

Firstly, I presume by "ventilator" you are referring to case fans? In which case you seriously need to rethink your system cooling, running today's hardware requires decent system cooling as a prerequisite.

As for the problem you are experiencing please refer to this thread

Thanks computingelite
I put a big ventilator Hard disck,heatsink and other were coul to the touch ,tested 3 sets of RAM and nothing.So I figured I have to format but befoar I decided to uninstal adwaresantispam ,some leftover files ,I did some editing in the register .for now it is working ,I will keep you posted ,thanks to every bodyfor the help. JL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users