Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help setting up my pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dermotk

dermotk

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:46 AM

Hi All,
i need help setting up my Dell dimension 3000 with an PNY Geforce fx 5200 256MB PCI graphics card and a sound blaster live 24 bit advanced hd sound card,i want to send my films wireless via a Tevion av sender/receiver to an panasonic lcd tv in another room,i have purchased an s.video/audio cable to rca to connect to the av sender but so far unable to get either picture or sound on the tv,maybe i need to set up my pc in a specific way, i am a novice when it comes to pc,s.
any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

I've never heard of a Tevion AV Sender/Receiver, what exactly is it? There are devices like Slingboxes that can send media to devices, I'm just not sure if Tevion is one of them. If you're sending a media signal using wireless from your PC to another networked device, like a Slingbox, Playstation 3, XBOX 360, or even a laptop, you may need to configure network settings. You can also try TVersity, it will send the media out over a network. Here's another suggestion, don't use S-Video or an RCA-Jack if you're wanting HD. HD signals can only be sent over component, DVI, or HDMI cables.

3939.png

#3 dermotk

dermotk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

DJBPace07;
Thanks for your reply,
these wireless av senders/receivers are not as sophisticated as the slingbox or the Playstation 3, XBOX 360,the unit will work if i run a cable from the pc to the tv but i want to avoid that,yes i think its the settings on the pc that need to be corrected but unfortunately i don,t know how to carry this out, the films i want to transmit to tv are divx format so if i could get the pc settings correct i.m sure the sender would work.
again thanks for you reply

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

Have you tried running TVersity? If you are sending the films over a network, certain settings must be changed. Typically, the program sending the media, such as Windows Media Center or TVersity, will make the necessary alterations.

3939.png

#5 dermotk

dermotk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

DJBPace07,

Yes i tried both players but no joy,i am not sending the films over a network only from the dell dimension 3000 to a panasonic lcd tv.
again many thanks for you assistance much appreciated,happy new year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users