Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Touch buttons on my HP DV5-1010us

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Hey I got a DV5-1010us HP laptop and it has some stupid lil light up "quick touch" buttons that include things such as volume control and fastfoward/rewind. The only problem is the only buttons that work in anything except the poorly designed "QuickPlay" application is the volume and mute buttons. I want to get the other buttons to work in players like winamp or even WMP. I asked around awhile ago and the people said sometihng about getting a ascii monitor that will figure out what the buttons are actually doing. I didn't really understand how that would work but maybe you guys do.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

Do you have the proper software installed? This is the updated one
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...093&lang=en

Description: This package contains the software that enables the Quick Launch Buttons on the keyboard and the external Easy Access Buttons Keyboard to be programmed for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This application enables menu control of various bezel buttons, such as volume, internal/external display, and mute on/off; HotKeys; and Docked Events.
Enhancements: - Fixes an issue where the rotary wheel for volume that is located on the Remote Control did not work correctly. The actions for increasing and decreasing the volume were inadvertently reversed. After installing this SoftPaq, the scroll wheel for volume now work correctly, increasing volume when rotated clockwise, and decreasing volume when rotated counter-clockwise.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

hmm i think i had that... and then i had to uninstall it because the keyboard stopped working...

EDIT: i tried again, the keyboard works fine. everything is the way it was though and i still cant skip songs with the buttons in anything except the stupid "QuickPlay" thing.

Edited by Toxicity3440, 30 December 2008 - 03:03 PM.

#4 Toxicity3440

Toxicity3440
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

does anyone have any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users