Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maybe a forum similar to the HJT one?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

I've just been noticing things around the AII forums that there are a few zeroes here and there of people who haven't received help yet. Do you think this is possible to have a forum similar to the one in the HJT section's "Post here if you haven't had a reply in x days"?

Of course, there are problems with it as well that I already can see, and I'll just give the short list w/o explanation.

1. People abusing that section
2. Not enough people posting there
3. Management.

Maybe this thought CAN be taken into consideration? Maybe not? Maybe give me a boot to the head?

....shutting up....

P.S. :thumbsup: This took forever for me to man up on to bring up for whatever reason....(kind of comes with the package of who I am)

EDIT: And right now, I am banging my head to make me quit being worked up over suggestions.

Edited by scff249, 28 December 2008 - 05:49 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

All suggestions are taken into consideration. The main reason I see it not working is that the AMI forum is not a structured program like the HJT one. Will discuss with the rest of the staff.

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

I know. It's just that I've seen zeroes here and there that span back to even five days ago or something like that.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

I hate even saying this, but I want to be honest. With a forum this large, and the limited amount of volunteers, unfortunately there will always be 0 reply topics. Unfortunately it's the nature of these types of sites. We do our best to make it not so, but it happens unfortunately.

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:57 AM

Okedoke. Well, better to ask than not ask I suppose :flowers:

And now, I shall return to the shadows from whence I came :thumbsup:

....okay, more like I'll return to lurking.

Edited by scff249, 01 January 2009 - 03:20 AM.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

No, it was a good suggestion and we are working behind the scenes on a solution. Just don't have one yet :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users